Back in the Saddle

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Awoke at 06:00

Dewatered and delogged Buddy. Off to Tims and gas for the boat. Launched at PD at 06:30. Once around the harbour Trolling,and out onto L.Ontario and the Canal,with a pass or 2 where those Big Brown Trout are. Nothing, and the Canal was disappointing also. The NE wind yesterday really stired up the shoreline. I was hoping to get up to Gate one in the Canal but she was mud!

Half a mile out she was still mud,came back and trolled the mouth of 12 mile for awhile and packed it in! I was home by 10:15. 3 boats were drifting the harbour when I left.

I'll be glad when I can get back out 4-5 times a week (winter fishing) couldn't sleep last night, to excited I guess. :blahblah1:

Both motors started right up,they haven't be running in a month! Maybe I'll change the plugs after 600 miles in the future, really noticed a difference from the old ones that had 900 miles! :(

I tried a Reef Runner off of my inline planner board.

0109Weller.jpg

I also used one Down Rigger with a Williams and Minnow combo

0109DRWeller.jpg

they were draining a section of the canal earlier this week (before the flightlocks section). so i imagine that could be the reason for the mud, there will be much less current coming out of that area though just to note.

lock 4/5/6 (flight locks).

however on a side note G12 still has water running through it and lacks ice in some spots.

hmmm

I might have to hike that rod in hand tomorrow maybe a fall pike or two will be kickin

Well your welcome back Brian. Sorry to hear it won't be long. You really didn't look good that day I saw you in Port. You looked a heck of alot better when I saw you at Fishinniagara though. I thought I was going to have to try my luck in Port between elbows so I could bring you a laketrout. :P If you dissapear again and you hear a knock at the door, make sure you get up before that fish in your mailbox attracts the kitty's.

kitty.jpg

Wow I didn't know that. I hate cats so I guess I gotta go now! :D:P:Gonefishing::worthy:

To add to that report on the canal I heard they are noy draining lock 1 above the lock Portweller has 2 ships tied on the wall so you would think most of the mud would settle up there before comming over the spill Just my 2 cents Rob :Gonefishing:

LMAO

Outstanding stuff Chilli,but I don't eat fish!

How many cats did you kill this AM :D Please keep us up dated :lol:

I try to make it down to fishinniagara about once a week,if I can't fish,I can still buy :)

Rob the mud I encountered I believe was from that NE wind we had! I was hoping to get up to Lock one I was up there last March and marked alot of fish!

Archived