Roe bags on Monday

Guest chilli

I need some roe bags. I was thinking of trying streamers too. All the tackle shops are closed right now. Where the heck can you get em on a Monday morning? Damm winds will be from the East tomorrow and it'll be too late!

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

A GALE WARNING MAY BE NEEDED THURSDAY

TODAY

WEST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS...DECREASING TO 10 TO 20 KNOTS.

DRIZZLE THIS MORNING. WAVES IN ICE FREE AREAS 3 TO 5

FEET...SUBSIDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET.

THURSDAY

SOUTH GALES TO 35 KNOTS BECOMING WEST. SHOWERS LIKELY IN

THE MORNING AND A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS IN THE AFTERNOON. WAVES

BUILDING TO 7 TO 10 FEET.

FRIDAY

NORTHWEST WINDS TO 30 KNOTS. SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. WAVES 6

TO 9 FEET.

camera_2.jpg

Well it was bloody cool down at Port D even with the wind at our back. Seems colder when it's damp than a -10' on a calm day. Seen some crazy :) fishing the grandstands through the ice. Water all around but apparently thick enough in one spot :lol:

Thanks Denis for being there to sell me the roe bags.. How'd you do at P.A.?

Hey Chili: You may want to consider the Niagara R. at Queenston. Clarity of water has improved greatly. Was able to land a nice chrome bow on a chartreuse salmon roe bag today. Boats on the drift managed a couple. Things have certainly improved since the weekend but these west/southwest winds may bring the "mud"shake back again!! Good luck :lol:

I fished the upper at Jarvis st. at sunset and it was muddy all the way across. Another fella was there an hour and a half before me without a single hit. Think I'll try for pike tomorrow. Thanks chrome I'll be trying Queenston soon. Wanna get out and meet this fullofgas character. There are plenty of bows going on in the upper but it seems they do better the days that I work so try up here Wed/Thursday and you should knock off some big ones.

That's ok. I don't get many chances to go. Got the weekend off but the boy has it booked up with hockey. I'll probably only have enough time to drop in, shake hands, cast twice and then I'll have to chase the thieves out of the parking lot on my way out.

HEY Chilli : If I were you I wouldn't get to close to Fullofgas because if the shoe fits you both may be not standing on ice to long, just picture that oh never mind thats scarry :dunno::dunno::dunno: Catfish

Rob....Niagara is dirty again, only about 4 inches of visibility!  May have to go go to Port!

6582[/snapback]

Heavy rain coming the next 2 days and very warm temps,with all the rain and snow melt it spells Dirty water at Port!

Man are we ever gonna get a break!!!!  Pretty soon its gonna be summer, the way its going we aren't gonna be able to fish much!  At least us shore guys anyways!  Just have ta pray to the fishing gods!

6592[/snapback]

Don't worry charlie I'll get you out after some salmon in April!

Archived