where to go on the upper?

Guest LloydChristmas

Guest LloydChristmas

hi folks, where do you go on the upper niagara for bows?

I'm sick of climbing all those steps at the whirpool and wouldn't mind learning a spot somewhere at the upper river where i presume the climb isn't bad.

LloydChristmas............

Don't know if you are fishing the Canadian or US side, but, on the US side guys catch rainbows from shore upstream of the American Falls from shore either from Goat Island or the Parkway. The fishing area's are clearly maked by signs.

-Dave

On the canadian side you can fish in Fort Erie! If you know how to bottom bounce and do it well, you can get alot near the peace bridge, you may have to wade in the water thou! Don't know many other spots, I heard they are all the way to the falls, but I have never caught any there! If you go let me know, I can tag along!!

Well the upper has a variance of conditions so there is all types of bow fishing available. It's rather shallow from shore for the most part and therefore swift. It's very shallow at the Peace Bridge so I'd imagine a float would be used by most. There is the "Baby hole" just down stream from that and it dropps off a bit. I've been fishing the bottom of Jarvis st and seen the heavy weights pull some in there but if you read my posts, you'll know I haven't been too succesfull this year. The old fort and the pier at the ice boom are popular spots also. I've also heard but not seen that in the spring they rip em out off the wall in Chippiwa just above the creek.

I'd have to recommend dropping into "Fishinniagara" baitntackle across from Nicholl's Marine in FE and talk to Denis. Grab some line or something and I'm sure Denis will send you in the right direction to use it. He's pretty quiet in here but my sources tell me that on his days off he does very well up here :lol:

Guest LloydChristmas
LloydChristmas............

Don't know if you are fishing the Canadian or US side, but, on the US side guys catch rainbows from shore upstream of the American Falls from shore either from Goat Island or the Parkway. The fishing area's are clearly maked by signs.

-Dave

6507[/snapback]

I bottom-bounce exclusively but still haven't found a pair of wadderss to fit me

the people I usually go with have wadders so I may get them to go there next time. You are more than welcome to tag along.

Lloyd

If you get the chance stop in I have some insulated bare waders with boots for a great deal. If I don't have your size they do custom sizes so you really don't have an excuse :lol: and like I mentioned they are a very reasonable price. As for fishing up here we do get the occasional trout once in awhile :lol:

Archived