Queenston Potholes

Basshound

I am curious as to who looks after the road that leads down to the Queenston public dock. Is it the Niagara Parks Commission or the town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. This road could sure use some work with some nasty stretches of potholes. Guys are taking their expensive boat/trailers down there at a slow pace to prevent damage. You can be sure if it were used by tourists more then locals it would be maintained in an acceptable manner. Any comments on how this was handled in the past and who to contact.

Guest Rockfish

That road always seems to be pothole city and they may leave it like that to keep vehicles at a slow pace and prevent people like the partiers from racing up and down that stretch. :Gonefishing:

they will most likely never fix that...it's been like that for all the years I can remember, and I have went down there fishing for at least 30 years,(was a real funny treat to watch people trying to bring there boats up and down that really steep hill at the old launch) really I don't think they want lots of traffic down there, and technically speaking...the "sand docks" has always been private property...but people used to take care of it as well so they always tollerated people fishing off it...it's going to be a way different story now, soon as the weather gets nice and they start using it for the lower rate place to take the Jet Boat from. they already have all those stakes and stuff on the side of the road ect because they don't want people parking down there ect...they would be smart not to fix it....if they fixed that, and more people used it...that would just turn into another spot that got shut down, and ruined by idiots,,,it's already been on the brink of that a few times over the last 30 years I can recall fishing that area

Guest cplummer

it's a use at your own risk road and boat launch so it's very unlikely complaining to them would do any good!! (has been done 1,000 times)

cliff...

on the subject of st kitts ... that stretch of carlton i think it is, is a regional road and I heard from a very good source it will be smooth by the end of the year. region has earmarked $$

Archived