New Fish Attractant/Deterrent

Guest Jeetmuck

Guest Jeetmuck

Hey everyone,

Had a pretty decent weekend fishing this past one. Headed up to Simcoe with a newbie buddy of mine who had never been ice fishing before. Decided I would try and help him learn some jigging and different baits and presentations. He decided he would fend for himself.

The bite started at 7:30 a.m., died off around 9:30-10:00. Started to move around but never really recovered. Decided to head off and go home around 3:00 p.m. I landed 40-50 mostly 6-8 inches, kept only 4 jumbos for a snack. My buddy had nothing. not one bite that he noticed. He was frustrated but didn't want to hear what I had to say.

Sunday went out to Valens with my wife and children for some Crappies to keep the kids occupied. Put the flasher on and marked quite a few fish 6-8 feet. Set the kids up with small jigs and maggots and got them jigging. They decided after 1/2 an hour of fishing that they would rather play with the toboggan.

Well after 15 minutes of them horsing around, no fish to be found with the Vex, but everyone around us started to get fish. ***Scratching head***. Well the kids kept playing and making a ruckous and no fish for me, but lots for everyone else.

Kids settled down for a bit, started marking fish again, some pretty big marks on the Vex, the kids decide to make a sliding area on the ice. Again, all the fish moved out.

On a whim, I asked them to play about 50 feet away where nobody was on the ice and started to mark fish again. The kids playing and running on the ice must have scared the fish away from where they were playing and why everyone around us was getting fish. :dunno: Too bad we were leaving when I asked them to do this.

Next time I go, first thing I am going to get them to do is too play away from us, maybe get into some slabs that way.

JM

Hey Jeetmuck: You should have sent them over to the guy's catching fish and played with them for a bit till you got your fish then went home :dunno: catfish

Archived