Cooks Bay report Jan 11th

Guest fishmaster

Guest fishmaster

First trip to simcoe after hereing all the storys how the perch have been hitting had to do the drive .got to Gillford 6:30 Tuesday mornin winds where out of the East headed out to a wave point from last winter got maybe 14 nice perch and they slowed right down talked to a bunch of guys and they said slow day .so desided to pull lines and try another wave point . got out more towards Keswick 19 fow using a pickiel rig with shinners dead sticking and jiggin with a buckshot spoon with mosiees soon as we droped lines the perch where on . came in sprits get 10 or 15 then slow down start jiggin heavy and it seemed to draw them back in .they where defantly off the good bite but turned out to be a good day 3 of us limited out bye 1:30 .i would say most fish came off buckshot spoon tipped with mousiees.with this cold front coming throw i think the bite is going to slow down .will post pictures once they are delveloped .and if anybody has a digital camera they want to sell send me a email .im getting tired of buying flim and takeing 6 pictures then takeing them for delvelopeing .

Guest fishmaster

Yes ice is fine we had the argo out and 3 of us it it plus the hut no problem at all .the ice was a good 6 to 7 " closer to Keswick and proble 5 " over towards gillford .dont no what today and tommrow will do .

Archived