Spots in Hamilton?

fisherchick

hey Boys....

So I am gonna be in Hamilton on the long weekend and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good fishin spots out there. I am from hamilton and the only place i have ever gone is Peir 4. Are there any other good spots???

Let me know...thanks guys!

Guest Rockfish

There are lots of places in the Hammy Harbour for Carp and Bullheads if u are into those, Bayfront Park, Princess Point, Valley Inn road, Lasalle Park and under the Skyway bridge along the bay shoreline.

:lol:

Sit yourself down under the York St high level bridge, fish the channel and the outflow into the bay from there...

Lots of fish to be caught, picked up a nice Brown there.. and the Carp are surely ready to feed by now.

Worms , Corn etc.. best bet..

can cast spoons for pike in that area too.

But like you mentioned, Pier4... its always a fav. spot cuz theres alot of area to fish.

Oddly enough, I saw a rather large (~20"-22") walleye just lolling around one of my 'secret spots' in the Harbour the other morning. This was about 6 am as I am down there driving my kid to rowing and I was more surprised to see him than he was to see me.

Otherwise, I have found the fishing in the Harbour to still be rather slow for this time of year. I assume it is because of the weather. Haven't seen too many bass yet ready for spawning and usually they are all over at this time. At least the cormorants have been enjoying the perch as they are the only ones I see catching anything.

Bayfront Park is still pretty slow, although I've been catching some nice catfish at night the past few days and I saw a beautiful carp about six feet off shore in shallow water this aft. I think that under the York St bridge is your best bet right now. Of course, there's always the Fifty Point Conservation Area for stocked trout, if you don't mind the admission fee.

Guest Cowman

I was at Caledonia dam yesterday and was fishing down by the bridge and caught a few nice suckers, waters shallow but whatever, Valley inn road along the pine tree piles and the carp traps, if your looking for some nice size carp or catfish fish near those, i head the high level bridge is pretty good right now, havent really fished it and i've also hear bayfront is slow right now however dont got anything on lesalle park but to be honest, almost anywhere down in the bay can be productive fishing, just depends if the fish are biting that day

good luck

Archived