Long Point anyone??

rick

I'll be heading there in a few weeks and i'm looking for any information on fishing the inner bay. If anyone here knows the area and is willing to pass on any general information it would be much appreciated. Looking mainly for bass and pike. Cheers!! :Gonefishing:

Rick, I camped at longpoint not too long ago and fished the inner bay for a few days. There is a launch right at the site, you can use it for a fee of $5 if you're not camping there. There is also a launch just off the highway before you get to longpoint park called "old cut". If you head out of either old cut, or the camp launch, if you head in a NE direction, you'll see a large white buoy known as the EC10 buoy. Here, is the deep channel of the bay, if I remember, it is about 14ft deep, the rest of the inner bay is less than 6. Guys were getting good smallmouth and pike in this area. We got some decent largemouth in the western end of the inner bay, in the shallow reeds. I never ventured further east (further out of the inner bay) but I do know that there are some good smallmouth out off the area known as the sand bar , which extends from turkey point to millionaires island. Hope this helps. Also, I would check out http://www.longpoint.on.ca/disc4_frm.asp

This is stomp's longpoint page. Lots of guys on there fish the inner bay.

Also, I"ve got great maps of Erie , and longpoint bay, that I got off of FishFarmer, a member of the longpoint page. I can pass these off to you, but I can't seem to put attatchments over this email.

kevin

Also, I"ve got great maps of Erie , and longpoint bay, that I got off of FishFarmer, a member of the longpoint page. I can pass these off to you, but I can't seem to put attatchments over this email.

kevin

416[/snapback]

Thanks for the info Kevin. We'll be staying at a cottage in Port Rowan and there is a launch there. I'm hearing lots about fishing near the channel marker and also by the sand bar, and also a few spots I was told about on other boards so I think we should be ok. Don't worry about the maps, I have some myself but thanks for the offer. :Gonefishing:

Archived