hope thos warm spell dont hurt Scugogg.

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

man i hope this doesnt hurt the derby? but idont know what the weather up there wil be like? May be make the ice stronger with the cold front.???? :D

with 10-12 inches of ice a week of 40 degree temps won't knock it down that much that you can't walk out so a few days of warm temp won't matter much, just leave the cars on shore. also, beware of current areas, this is where the combo of current and warm weather can make ice melt much quicker.

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

I guess it is going to be very slippery out there, if it gets a flash freeze! but if it is windy and it freezes there will be some tracksion out there. bring the ice kleats if you got um.

Guest cplummer

scugog now has 12" where i go so we may lose 3" tops no worries guys 9" ice is good with me!!!!! a tad windy though so be prepared.. cleats may be needed..we are fishing inbetween 3 underground springs but not crossing any so we are good to go...and i have 25+ years experience in this spot..........

cliff....

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

Question C Plummer, are these springs surrounding us or are we out past them a bit ? and how deep is the water we are fishing ? just curious.

Guest cplummer

the springs are across the lake 1/8 mile away and to the left and the right but we won't be near them to those who don't know meeting time is 4am in port perry timmys on 7A i'm fishing in 5 ft of water..

cliff...

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

Thanks for answering my question cplummer,thats all i needed to know.

weather to be a crisp high of minus 9 with winds from the west 30 k ,one other good thing it is going to be overcast with %40 chance of flurries.

just ta let all know. B)

Archived