Rice Lake

Flywire

Im going up to rice lake this may 24th weekend for some pickerel fishing. Has anyone fished there for them at this time of year and if so have any luck and whats the best strategy. I went last year but it rained most of the time and out of 10 people we got about 5 small ones and 3 15lb+ muskie which were out of season at the time.

I never been (its on my to do list) but i have a few buddies that do rice lake. I never hear much but i know theres some decent fish in it. Alot of decent crappie to from what i hear........Maybe i should'nt post stuff i have'nt fished :huh: . All I wonder is if that flood back in the summer effected that fishery at all? Oh well, i'm sure somethings happening up there.

Duke

What amazes me is we didnt even catch any crappie while we were there. I think in the end out of my dad my brother and me we caught 2 bluegill 3 bullhead 1 rock bass 1 walleye and a couple small perch and my dad lost a fair sized muskie

have fished there the last 30yrs off and on.just got rid of the cottage last yr.lots of fish to be had.spingtime try in the ottonabe at the mouth drifting with inline spinners like go getters tipped with worm or minnow.around the islands are also good.summertime jig the weeds you wouldnt believe the size of some the pics

Guest Big Bass Rich

Yeah weeds with 4-6 ft of water over them are a good bet for eyes. Simply jig plastic grubs (or tip with minnows) and hang on tight. The thing I love about Rice is you never know what you're gonna get when you're jigging. Monster panfish, big bass, walleye, musky you can get it all if you jig the weed edges!

Try NE of Bait Island in the weeds there, it's always been a walleye hot spot for me and my family.

Archived