Maid of the Mist!

charlieD

Any of you guys know if the maid of the mist is Legal to fish or not! I have gone down there before, caught no fish of course! But I have heard there is no fishing allowed down there! Cnadian sportfishing show report showed a huge bow caught down there and now I wanna try down there!

Any suggestions?

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

from what I heard last year was the last year you could go down to fish . too many people wrecked it by leaving garbage ,fishing line ect. no respect . and we lost the privliges of fishing down there. :huh:

Guest bigfishbass

make sure youcheck really good for any signs posted...if there...then out of luck as they may be really strickt on it based on all the garbage that was there...I can't belive that people would leave such a mess in such a productive area for fishing. Hopefully there wont be more spots that are closed due to knuckle heads leaving garbage around. :huh:

I have never been down to that area ...but maybe one day.

Guest old guy

That area was my all time favorite place to fish. We used to drive down and park on the hydro road. However the parks Police began removing cars. So I haven't fished there for a couple of years.

That being said, I see no reason why you can not park on top and walk down. Tourists do it all summer and fall. However at this time of year it is extremely dangerous because of the mist that ices everything up. What is your life worth?????

I talked to an official of the MOTM late summer and asked. He said you can't drive down but can walk. Stay off the hydro road after the split and pick up your garbage. It is well posted and priviliges can be revoked if the idiots turn it into a zoo or dump.

Archived