Queenston :)

F,O,G

dang FOG, musta just missed ya'... was down there around 4pm tonight (fat guy green shirt :D )... spent an hour there and watched 1 guy get 2 browns/bows (couldn't see that far).... needless to say i could use someone to show me what the hell i'm doing wrong (everything i'm sure :lol:)...

Would join ya' tomorrow but lost all my streamers (damn sharp hooks by the way) and am down to 5 pencil weights... so i guess depending on what time you're gonna be down there at...

I was down there also ( guy in blue and yellow sweater) closest guy to you. I think you parked your car behind mine, if yours is the green grand am! I didn't even get a hit today, oh well maybe I'll go down tomorrow and join ya Rob! Hope the water don't get to messy!!

I was down there also ( guy in blue and yellow sweater) closest guy to you.  I think you parked your car behind mine, if yours is the green grand am!  I didn't even get a hit today, oh well maybe I'll go down tomorrow and join ya Rob!  Hope the water don't get to messy!!

6785[/snapback]

Yeah, that woulda been me.... you drive the Sunfire i assume... was my first time bottom bouncing, so i tried to stay as far away from everyone 'til i got the feel of it... think i got the feel of it, now i gotta learn what a hit feels like :lol:

i've got an appointment to be at tomorrow, but i'm gonna get down there sometime... FOG, wouldn't happen to have a few streamers laying around would ya'?

No I had to go and get some at Gill Finnigans right after tonight....where you were fishing the water is a little faster, so If it catches a rock then your screwed! As for feeling a bite, if your rod tip goes down just lift the end up a little bit and if it comes up steady then nothing but if the tip bounces it is a hit! And you will know what a snag is,c ause you got lots tonight! LOL If you just set your hook when your tip goes down everytime, you risk the chance of getting snagged, I had to learn that real quick!

yeah, got me 4 snags and 3 cost me corkies/streamers... i thought where i was fishing was actually slower than everywhere else lol... wasn't really there to catch a fish, just to learn and try ot the new reel, tho i wish that guy would have spread the wealth around lol....

thanks for the tip, should help me get my first trout...

I actually stopped at Gills place before i came down, had to get my lisence, picked up a couple corkies, never thought about grabbing some streamers... hopefully Rob has a few made up, if not i've got 5 dozen brown roe bags and a few corkies left... got the bait, just need the weight :lol:

yea its a bit tough to learn it but once you have it down and get your first 10lbs+ bow you will be hooked..ill be makn some more streamers tonight hoping to be there by 830am i drive a white grand am with blue graphics on it....

see ya on the shore :lol::D:D

I just bought a big bag of split shots, they are my preference over the pencil weights! But that is what I like to use. Had to many snags with the pencil weights, plus you get a ton of split shots in a bag for $11. I have alot of bow eggs I just froze, hope they work in the spring!

Yeah, it sure is tought, so paranoid about tangling with someone lol

I've got the Brown Roe frozen aswell, took a dozen and a half out tonight, hoping they're okay for tomorrow... we usually use split shots at the Beacon when we're down there in the fall... never thought about using them in the Niagara... of course today was my first time fishing there so i'll learn new things as i go along...

I'll bring a few bucks with me tomorrow...

see ya's then!!

not gonna be able to make it guys, wifey was called into work which means my car is gone for the day.... guess that's what happens when you take 2 weeks off...

hope to see a good report tho!!

Spanky Did you consider trying the upper. They've been getting em here very early morning and at dusk. If you try here in the morning then trip to the BBC until she gets off work it'll be a nice round trip.

When the wifey wasgoing to school i'd drop her off every morning and then take the car home, but the college was only a 10min drive from here... too bad she can't find anything in Human Resources around here B)

Chilli- i have no clue where to even start on the upper... I'd be fishing from 8:15am 'til 5pm so the fishing would have to be good lol

spanky where you live im in the falls i would pick you up any time im home...its always nice to fish with someone else around B)

6877[/snapback]

I'm in St. Kitts... i actually live 1 street over from Queenston St., which turns into York Rd. which ends 1 street over from Queenston... but the drive is a 1/2hr :) ... and i hear ya' about having someone to fish with!!

Archived