Welland River Fishing

Tony

Not to be a paaaaaiiiiiin at least wait till the season opens to start throwing up pictures or at least name the thread something else...we dont need people seeing pics of bass then running out for dinner this time of year.

Its nothing against you but it just looks bad especially to the conservational people here when you put up a post PreSeason with bass in it....again... though it is a nice fish

ummmmm i would like to see this post removed from the site please Rick as it is regarding OOS fish and everybody jumped down Rob McIntosh's throat when the muskie was posted.

DO NOT TARGET BASS AS THEY ARE ON THERE NESTS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

DALLAS

Targeting OOS fish is a no-no I agree, but the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources says there is nothing wrong with posing for a quick picture and releasing ASAP. Tony never said anything about targeting OOS bass in his post. There are no current rules here about posting OOS fish but perhaps this site should maybe enforce a rule about it?????

Guest Beats88

Looks like a great fish to me. You took a picture of a nice fish and released it. We can't control what hits our line in the Welland river guys. Lets not over react.

:) The bass was caught on a hook, worm, and sinker.....There was no intent to target bass......Thank you Rick and Beats 88 for your helpful comments..............The picture was posted out of "excitement", after a great day of fishing, with my son...................................

I came across the wrong way on this...I dont mind the pic of the bass just dont make the name of the thread Welland River Bass it just doesnt look good

Sorry Tony I didnt mean to come off like that

I agree that the post title hinted that bass were being targeted. I was hoping that this wasn't the case and it wasn't. Nice fish Tony and thanks for explaining yourself, it's good to hear father son fish stories. No worries Charlie, it's good to see young people get fired up over things once in a while. :)

Well im just fuming still over a guy I saw fishing bass off the beds at black creek in a blue chevy pickup late model with NY plates. I saw him down there last year doing it gave him hell but claimed that bass was open because you know were america junior and we follow their rules. ive seen him down there both days of the weekend and today i forgot i had a cell on me or i couldve kicked up to denis's grab a reg book chucked it at him and called them up as well as taken his plates. its just disgusts me the ignorance some people show...as well as the lack of anything done about it which im sick over myself not calling and irritating the MNR till they came down and gave him hell especially once they would ask him what hes fishing for

We had one Americane up at the lodge targeting bass. Didn't care if the season was closed or not. Same with some young idiot from Manitoba with a status card. Did not care if the fish were spawning. They were reported. :)

As for the pic of the boy and his fish, it is a proud moment for the boy regardless of season. And a Dad should beable to proudly say OUT LOUD "THAT's MY BOY"

Hey Tony: I made a post before I read this one and the only prob I have with this isue is the posting of the pic. If you do catch an OOS fish and the pic is a good one why can't you wait till the season is open then make the post,the pic won't go bad. If you read my post on the OOS fish poll you will understand where I am coming from. Also the problem with this is that parents take their kids fishing and have no idea what is in season they just want pics of the fish their kid caught. This is so true just stop by the Catfish derby and see what comes in. When I helped them out for 8 or 10 years every year was the same we ended up putting OOS fish in another tank. But we also tried to explain OOS fish to the parent and they just looked at you and said my kid is 6 you expect her to know the rules :Gonefishing: enough said. Catfish

ummmmm i would like to see this post removed from the site please Rick as it is regarding OOS fish and everybody jumped down Rob McIntosh's throat when the muskie was posted.

DO NOT TARGET BASS AS THEY ARE ON THERE NESTS AT THIS TIME OF YEAR.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

DALLAS

I dont why you be so rude.....Im sure tony knows that bass are out of season...especially when he hinted that they were all released quickly....when i fish for pike I run into the odd largie and snap a quick shot at...why not its a beautiful part of nature.

There is no harm done in the post..nice job tony and jordan.

Like Flywire said the title does no justice and that was the reason for my comment, I appologize Tony.

Nice fish by the way got into one on the american side about the same size on Saturday.

But like Rob said please hold on to your pics till the season is open.

Good luck on the next trip out with your son Tony i will be doing the same in a couple years.

Dallas

Hey Tony .....a little late , but that's a nice bucket your little guy caught .....looks like he would like that fish for supper ! :D That's a great place to take kids & introduce them to a good variety of fish ......and teach them proper holds for pics. when releasing oos fishies :) Hope he ties into a big channel or sheephead or carp etc.next time . Glad to see you had a fun day !

Archived