Blatant Attack On Our Fishing Rights. Martindale Pond Access Denied‏

knightfisher

Even though this thread is from YEARS ago, I thought it was worth bumping for other new members to see. Its example of what happens when a threat a of fishing area can be removed from you.  It takes somebody to initiate and lead and for people to support initiative to keep it. Shows if you don't fight for what you believe, be prepared to have it taken away. That goes for anything. Especially in present time.

Even though its gated off limits at this time, be thankful that eventually anybody can go there an enjoy the water. Not just fishermen, but seen recreation boaters use it too. Nice spot to sit on the dock, which before hand never use to be, let alone a make shift launch even though big rocks block trailer use. When all opens back up, just respect the rowing activities when out there. Stay off when regattas would be going on (usually they block this off for that time).

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We  can thank Knightfisher for doing a great job at the "round table " that included lawyers and the mayor . Dan did his homework and had the answers that got us access  and a dock to these waters . As Mops. stated , "just respect the rowing activities and stay clear"  Well , it would be nice if the rowers would recognize anglers too ,    both in canoes , yaks or fishing from shore , to stay clear and stick to their beaten path when they practice . I was fishing under the Martindale bridge for carp last year .....just chummed the pool there &  just tossed my line in when two eight man rowing shells

came tearing through ....no need for them to be in there !!  It works both ways !  Needless to say , I packed up and left ! 

1 hour ago, мормышка said:

Even though this thread is from YEARS ago

Thanks for the "update" !

Archived