Duck Boat Blind

gunner-2

That should do the job !

Ya they work well me and my buddy shot from it last fall it's nice cause you can go almost any were

just pull up on the shore and have a blast now i just have to re build the ramp for the star of the show011_zps2c38ea2c.jpg

I recently picked up a freighter canoe for moose hunting. If time permits I might take it out to the grand for some ducks. Now another project, duck blind for the canoe!

Can u shoot from a boat on the river?

Yes you can shoot out of your boat you just cant have your motor down if you cripple a duck you can drive over to it then pull up the motor

then finish the job

Are we sure u can hunt from a boat on the grand. If so cool just have never seen anyone around the parts of the grand I go in a boat

Yep you can it's no different then using a duck blind built on shore you probably never seen a boat blind out there most guys

just build there blinds on shore but there are a few of us out there

hey gunner I know we spoke briefly about my new venture into whitetail hunting this fall but I recently picked up a mossberg 500 and would love to try duck hunting as well. Just wondering what the legal issues are when it comes to hunting on those rivers. Ive always wanted to give it a try my only concern is going about it the wrong way and getting myself in some hoy water.

Your blind looks amazing, those ducks wont know what hit'em!

The lower Grand river a hard place to hunt as a lot of the marsh is privet there is a spot down near the lake that is conservation but it cost $200

to hunt it thats why i hunt from the boat and there are many spots on the upper river but same thing lot of privet but i don't hunt the gran to often

as it gets to be a rat race down there i have seen many fights over the years on the upper i have spots on the upper grand that is far from every one

might see odd guy and the welland river there are lots of places to go the best way to find them spots is taking a boat ride and look for spots away from houses

and roads i have hunted the welland river for years and never seen a sole just what you wan't

• 2 weeks later...

Ya they work well me and my buddy shot from it last fall it's nice cause you can go almost any were

just pull up on the shore and have a blast now i just have to re build the ramp for the star of the show011_zps2c38ea2c.jpg

oldsquaw ducks now called long-tailed ducks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived