Credit Shinanigans

DaveC

Stopped by Erindale today to meet a friend, not to fish but exchange things. I decided take a walk over to the river. Talked with a few of the guys I know that fish there all the time. Water is super low and a lot of the fish have moved way up, but still some in and around the ice breakers. While talking with the guys, one of them says you missed it yesterday a guy fishing with a cross bow...Im like your kidding me right? Nope, some guy walking the river targeting fish with a cross bow in a park. I sure dont miss that place during the salmon season. A few nice browns, and even a small steelie hooked yesterday. Again, water is super low and clear and im sure theres more fish to come on the next good rain.

46 minutes ago, SamNicholson said:

That's ridiculous! I'm assuming he got arrested or no? I'm going to the bronte soon to go search for some possible steel I really hope I don't run into that guy. 

Waste of time if ur going for stealies. For now Atleast.  Chinnys n maybe a brown.   Water should be low n clear right now.  Don't think the shower we got this morning affected the water much. Could of triggered another run tho. 

16 minutes ago, Flycarp said:

Sad the lack of enforcement in that area - I was there a lot when I was a kid and it has always been a circus

"Lack of enforcement"  is the main reason many regs.and laws are ignored .  We all probably see people texting , etc. while driving , but very few are caught . And that also applies to those who toss garbage everywhere ....

1 hour ago, SamNicholson said:

That's ridiculous! I'm assuming he got arrested or no? I'm going to the bronte soon to go search for some possible steel I really hope I don't run into that guy. 

Everyone has cell phones .....call 911 & get the cops down there , they could be there in minutes ....Was he arrested ? ?

7 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Waste of time if ur going for stealies. For now Atleast.  Chinnys n maybe a brown.   Water should be low n clear right now.  Don't think the shower we got this morning affected the water much. Could of triggered another run tho. 

I heard a rumour one was caught needed to investigate for myself. Plenty of salmon around, one took my roe went crazy jumped and broke off. Did see a couple Browns no luck on catching them. Other than that awesome day out on the river couldn't beat the weather.

Archived