Hunting

Giantfm

Just a question to all hunters in zone 88-89

when hunting deer can u use a shot gun with a buck shot,I know some provinces don't allow it ty

Saugeen brings up a good point that there is no controlled hunt in WMU 88. Always best to study the regulations in the areas that you intend to hunt to avoid disappointment or legal problems. The CO's won't accept "a buddy told me I could".

7 hours ago, Saugeen85 said:

Zone 88 is bow only so I'd be careful and buckshot works good if your hunting in the bush but archery is the way to go

Does this just include for deer hunting only 

There is no controlled deer hunt in WMU 88 however firearm discharge is dictated by municipal bylaws, so you need to familiarize yourself with the municipal bylaws in the area you are hunting as well as MNR hunting regs. Much of 88 is within "no discharge" areas but not all. Same for any other WMU when you are within a municipality, for which most of Southern Ontario is

And to further complicate things municipal bylaws override MNR hunting regs. An example is in the Hunting regs it states that you can hunt small game in Southern Ontario with a .270 however bylaws for most municipalities in Southern Ontario limit you to 22 caliber rifle, some rimfire, some centerfire, shot guns etc.

Archived