JMo's Carp 2017

Jmo1685

Hey Everyone,

Been a busy week of fishing here on the north shore of Lake Ontario. Managed a few carp in the lake so far, and lost one. Lots of rain coming up which will force me to change up spots a little, but should still be making it out  few times. Anyways, Ill probably keep posting pictures in this thread as my year carries on. Good luck, tight lines and wet mats everyone!

22 Pounder from last Wednesday

thumbnail_IMG_0958.jpg

Beauty carp Jmo !  Hope he/she (how do you tell?) put a good bend  on your rod .  I haven't hit the 20's yet , but that picture gave me a shot of adrenaline   :bb2: and I'll be at'em verrry soon !   :Gonefishing:

8 hours ago, smerchly said:

Beauty carp Jmo !  Hope he/she (how do you tell?) put a good bend  on your rod .  I haven't hit the 20's yet , but that picture gave me a shot of adrenaline   :bb2: and I'll be at'em verrry soon !   :Gonefishing:

A good bend and a screaming take, my alarm woke me up from a backside nap. Glad my new carp rod finally got a workout (12' Sonik SK4 XTR). Put out about 10 spombs of particle mix in the AM and fished a XXL Vanilla corn with a Fluro pop-up corn about 120 feet (40 yards) out. Took 3 hours before it went off. Then silence for the next 5/6 hours. Going to be hitting the spot all next week in the hopes a few pre spawn chunks make their way through. 

Thanks for all that info !  Some say not to chum too much in the early spring as they are not gorging on food yet . I was fishing with others who were using wet pack baits with a boilie . I was using canned corn & both were catching carp .....thinking of trying cut pieces of fresh worm & yes get more cats too !

...side note.......my lawn has thousands of worms tonight .....come up for air or drown !

I don't use an alarm ......all I need to do is grab a sandwich or have a pee .....and the rod will bend !   :rolleyes:...:Gonefishing:

15 hours ago, smerchly said:

Thanks for all that info !  Some say not to chum too much in the early spring as they are not gorging on food yet . I was fishing with others who were using wet pack baits with a boilie . I was using canned corn & both were catching carp .....thinking of trying cut pieces of fresh worm & yes get more cats too !

...side note.......my lawn has thousands of worms tonight .....come up for air or drown !

I don't use an alarm ......all I need to do is grab a sandwich or have a pee .....and the rod will bend !   :rolleyes:...:Gonefishing:

For me it's always when I'm trying to light a smoke!

1 hour ago, Mike Pike said:

Ya, well today I grabbed a sandwich, had a pee and lit a smoke( and I don't even smoke )and I STILL couldn't get a bite!  lol

Some nice April gold there JMO.  

....did you have a nap ?   :rolleyes: ...................  ( jmo secret weapon)

Went out the other day with a few buddies and the bite was hot (for them, i was skunked) 5 fish total with 3 over 20 pounds with the biggest coming in at 29lb 10oz. My buddy who caught the 29 had recetly had shoulder surgery, so with an arm in a cast, I held the fish with him for the pictures.... here's the 29 in all her glory ! Fish were caught on a "Secret" flavoured, pink 10mm pop-up. 

thumbnail_image1.jpg

Holy crappola that's a beauty .....Congrats !  I saw a few carp rolling /breaking the surface today but I wasn't targeting them ....using worms , hoping to catch anything with fins (including carp) . BUT ...I did catch a beauty channel cat ...first fish today . I didn't have my weigh scale so no idea what it weighed .......got a nice shot of it though ..........:rolleyes:

aSmo6sFfqU4yPUJsvAi2C8KWZR2QAKs3qmdnea4k

• 3 weeks later...

Well the fishing for me has now become lot more infrequent as I am back to work. However I managed to get out to Port Credit agin for a few hours after work and was rewarded with this chunk of a carp. She weighed in at 30 pounds and 8 oz. Jumbo pineapple maize and pop-up corn were the ticket. Hopefuy Ill get out fishing a few times this week after work, and Im hoping to have a day session on the Holiday Monday. This thread will be updated if i get any more !

18119362_10158812646295105_4209539236876959491_n.jpg

Archived