Niagara Outdoor Show...2018

w1w

...confirmed for Sunday, Mar.11 (Fort Erie Leisureplex). If you are a returning vendor/exhibitor, I'll be in touch in early January. Rotator cuff surgery on Nov.28th is limiting my typing abilities. I'm typing this post with one finger, left at that. If you would like to confirm for the show, please call 905-894-1861. If you are new to the show, a call would be required to discuss. Returning, an e-mail to wgw@cogeco.ca (or a call) would be appreciated. Any new ideas, use same contact info. Best to you and yours over the Holiday Season!...Bill www.niagaraoutdoorshow.com

• 1 month later...

Air Ivanhoe, out of Foleyet, will be returning to the show, again. Trip of a lifetime! However, I've reserved a booth for a more traditional, drive-to fishing lodge/camp. Price is very affordable. If anyone knows a business that might consider this event a networking/promotional opportunity, give me a shout. I'm thinking French River, Temagami, Nipissing (for example)? Thanx, guys. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...thanx, Cliff. I thought I was retired until I started working on the 2018 show. Some of the best content, ever. This year I established a facebook page...Niagara Outdoor Show (not event). It's been a lot of work. Today, I'm working on a post for Greg Balch. He is an outdoor educator with quite an impressive portfolio. He's making the trip in from London. He will be setting up a static wildlife display in a 35'x50' area. Great for kids and adults. Greg's display normally includes every 'critter' in Ontario with the exception of a Least Weasel and Polar Bear. This is interactive, too. Questions/answers help to educate young and older. He is making the trip to Nova Scotia in the summer with his display. It is funded by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and the N.S. provincial gov't. Casting Kids is returning, presented by the St.Catharines Bassmasters. We're trying something new in 2018 called - Odds'n'Ends - which will include retail that's not your typical rods, reels and lures. Ugli Boy Baits will have a booth...jigs, tube heads, spinnerbaits...BU, what else? Melanie Frost, local tournament bass pro, usually has some great gear at affordable prices. St.Catharines Game and Fish will have 3 tables of fishin' stuff donated thru Tackle Share. Ontariolures.com will have a vintage lure display. Patrick offers an honest appraisal/evaluation for vintage lures. Do you think you have a treasure or maybe you just want to know about an older lure that you have? Bring it in! Richard Dykstra, gunsmith, will have 32 linear feet of rifles and shotguns for sale. The 2018 website will be posted on Feb.11th. Keep an eye out for - Odds'n'Ends - ! That's all for now. Ears bleeding, yet (lol)?

43 minutes ago, w1w said:

...thanx, Cliff. I thought I was retired until I started working on the 2018 show. Some of the best content, ever. This year I established a facebook page...Niagara Outdoor Show (not event). It's been a lot of work. Today, I'm working on a post for Greg Balch. He is an outdoor educator with quite an impressive portfolio. He's making the trip in from London. He will be setting up a static wildlife display in a 35'x50' area. Great for kids and adults. Greg's display normally includes every 'critter' in Ontario with the exception of a Least Weasel and Polar Bear. This is interactive, too. Questions/answers help to educate young and older. He is making the trip to Nova Scotia in the summer with his display. It is funded by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters and the N.S. provincial gov't. Casting Kids is returning, presented by the St.Catharines Bassmasters. We're trying something new in 2018 called - Odds'n'Ends - which will include retail that's not your typical rods, reels and lures. BigUgli Baits will have a booth...jigs, tube heads, spinnerbaits...BU, what else? Melanie Frost, local tournament bass pro, usually has some great gear at affordable prices. St.Catharines Game and Fish will have 3 tables of fishin' stuff donated thru Tackle Share. Ontariolures.com will have a vintage lure display. Patrick offers an honest appraisal/evaluation for vintage lures. Do you think you have a treasure or maybe you just want to know about an older lure that you have? Bring it in! Richard Dykstra, gunsmith, will have 32 linear feet of rifles and shotguns for sale. The 2018 website will be posted on Feb.11th. Keep an eye out for - Odds'n'Ends - ! That's all for now. Ears bleeding, yet (lol)?

Worm harnesses and slip floats

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ugli Boy Baits has offered to give jigs to all the kids who participate in Casting Kids. Thanx in advance...very generous! Each child will receive some plastic baits, as well. Two rod and reel combos are given away in a draw. All the kids (up to and including 14 years of age) who participate are eligible. I'm sure all of us are real busy, right now. Whether you're pouring baits or loading your vehicle while it's snowing...it takes a lot of people to make this event happen. We're expecting a good crowd. Hope you can make it out on Sunday. See ya there!

Congratulations to our Winners!...Phil Panetta - One Night Stay for Two (breakfast incl.) at the Cairn Croft Hotel Best Western Plus and Molson Gear.....Nathan Wiles - Quantum Aztec 30 spinning reel plus Molson gear plus $50 Doc Magilligan's Pub Voucher (Cairn Croft).....Nicole Comeau - Quantum Spinning Combo (rod and reel) plus Molson Gear.....One Year Adult OFAH membership to Mark St.Jean plus Outdoor Gear (courtesy Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters).....Two 1 year subscriptions to Bob Izumi's Real Fishing Magazine (courtesy Ontario Lures) go to Ian Caughey and Don Conron. Two rod and reel combos are awarded to Sophie and Ethan for participating in Casting Kids. I will be in touch with everyone by tomorrow.

Well, fifteen years under our belts. Content was as good as it's ever been. We get all kinds of comments (day before/day of and after). I attempt to provide a local event that includes outdoor content and education. It's not easy to get vendors and exhibitors to come to Fort Erie. We're kinda at the end of the road but I applaud their effort. I will try to get more vendors involved in 2019. Attendance was down a bit and we'll work on that. The Leisureplex (Town of Fort Erie) and its staff were a pleasure to work with, as always. Thank-you to everyone who made this happen!

To be honest we couldn't really see it signposted at all on the way in, we ended up in the hockey rinks, maybe stick a poster in the arena window to go around to side door or something? Not having a go obviously as we found it in the end, great show though mate.

I got a bonus at the end of the show as we were packing up. My son gave me a broken toe when he dropped a display board square across my foot. Could have been worse, and it's not the first time famiy has tried to cripple me:wall:

A broken toe can be real painful ....kicked a few coffee tables & chairs in the night ....hope it heals quickly Bruce .

I remember the gashed forehead .....another nice "son" job ...lol  Looks like he has finally got even with you ....from head to toe !  :lol:

10 hours ago, Limey said:

To be honest we couldn't really see it signposted at all on the way in, we ended up in the hockey rinks, maybe stick a poster in the arena window to go around to side door or something? Not having a go obviously as we found it in the end, great show though mate.

...my bad. I looked for the sign I've used for years at the turn into the venue. It was not in my good shed. I think it's in my back shed. Can't get into that one because of the snow (door). Sorry about the inconvenience. There will be one there, next year. Thanx for letting me know. If it happened to you, it probably happened to someone else.

On 2018-03-13 at 8:53 AM, w1w said:

...my bad. I looked for the sign I've used for years at the turn into the venue. It was not in my good shed. I think it's in my back shed. Can't get into that one because of the snow (door). Sorry about the inconvenience. There will be one there, next year. Thanx for letting me know. If it happened to you, it probably happened to someone else.

Definitely no need for the apology mate, we found it in the end, I just mentioned it because like you said, others might have thought they'd got the wrong venue or date :)

Archived