Fraud Squad

smerchly

Anyone else get calls from the "Tax Man"  saying they owe money to the government ? A woman called us today saying they have investigated our taxes and we need to call them as soon as possible about tax fraud .  She spoke clearly in English , so I don't think this call came from India or Siberia .....

Maybe they know our status as seniors and we would be an easy target to scam us . It's a crime that these scammers are allowed to exist and thrive with  impunity in this country . I suppose it's one of the negatives in this age of  technology . The door knockers got us ONCE ....but they will never get 2 words out of their mouth before the door slams in their face . 

We have  their message on the phone with the phone number we "need" to call back . ...but I'm sure they know how to protect themselves from being traced.....

....dirt bags....

My girlfriend was part of the equifax  hack all of her info was stolen. Credit cards, loans, 12cell phones were made all under her name. Her credit went from absolutely perfect to not even being able to switch cell phone companies anymore.  She never once got a call about any missed payments for any of it.  Then just a month ago she got a call from her credit card saying it wasused in Quebec (which wasn’t her).  They caught that the same day because all her accounts are on lockdown now and being watched.  There’s nothing anyone can do right now to fix it either. It’s going to take over a year to get things fixed. Good thing she doesn’t have to renew her mortgage anytime soon.  

This is why I'm so glad we have call display and call answer.

We've gotten to the point that ANY calls from a long distance number that we don't recognize we just ignore.

I have call answer, so if someone really legitimately wants to get ahold of us, they can leave a message.

2 hours ago, genec said:

This is why I'm so glad we have call display and call answer.

We've gotten to the point that ANY calls from a long distance number that we don't recognize we just ignore.

I have call answer, so if someone really legitimately wants to get ahold of us, they can leave a message.

Same here .....we answer about 10% of the phone calls we get which are names or numbers we know . They all have the option to leave a message .

The "fraud squaders" did leave a message ....too bad we can't set them up for the police to nab .

So much fraud & thievery going on  & the courts seem to have no interest .  Another truck stolen yesterday , & we know where most end up , but  your told to call your insurance & we all pay higher premiums for that . But the governments get to collect all the taxes on that new vehicle from insurance money !

Archived