Ice Fishing Bus Trip to Lake Simcoe Feb 18

Fish Farmer

Let me know with a reply on here if anyone is interested, I'll pm. you his phone # 

I'm just helping this guy to make it a go.

We leave from Eastgate Square Hamilton at 5 am.

Hi everyone. Just a reminder of an outing for icefishing 

Sunday February 18th on Lake Simcoe, Beaverton, it will be through KS Huts formerly Steves Ice Huts. The cost will be $85.00 per person and this will include - bus ride, ice huts, bait and pizza on the way home. If you are interested you can contact Denis or myself for more information. There needs to be around 35 people to make this happen.  Time is running out to book everything to make this happen. We need to get all the information by February 9th. So get your hut buddies together and come out.
Dofasco Angling Club

Expensive?? Or your cheap.   Cost me 70$ In gas to go from Hamilton to lake simcoe and back.  Plus hut rental (40-50$ a person) plus bait and pizza. Seems like a decent price.   I’m sure you’d want it to be free though. 

Well considering i never go alone 70 split is 35 bux plus i have my own gear. Easy now dont get upset hey maybe your the one making the extra cash off the deal! Haha prob right!    I guess if you dont have gear its ok but you can go on travelzoo and get a day hut rental for much less! Split gas and its cheaper and on your own time..... Juuust sayin!

18 minutes ago, Fishlivesmatter said:

Well considering i never go alone 70 split is 35 bux plus i have my own gear. Easy now dont get upset hey maybe your the one making the extra cash off the deal! Haha prob right!    I guess if you dont have gear its ok but you can go on travelzoo and get a day hut rental for much less! Split gas and its cheaper and on your own time..... Juuust sayin!

These trips are not designed to save people money . It's nice to have someone do the driving , pay the gas, driver, and wear & tear on the vehicle (bus) ....and maybe parking costs as well .  The other thing is getting the guys together to shoot the gab (lies) about their fishing escapades and sharing their "secret" WMD for hauling fish up from the bottom , etc etc.  Add a little grub & more gab on the way back , and I think the price for this package is good . 

2008 I ran a Ice fishing bus trip for 4 years cost for a tour bus for the day was $1500.00

I had 55 guys and the price then was $70.00 for the day, Bus ride there and back, hut, bait and Pizza & pop on the way home on the bus.

Hut then because I got a deal for guarantee of 55 guys was $35.00 each. Today a good hut rental is $50 to $60 a day PP.

I lost a lot of hair putting it together hoping you get the commitment and money. I had to put the money out up front out of my pocket. 

So as Tyler says it's cheap just to sit and relax on a tour bus, don't have to drive, taxi out to hut and back, bait, free Pizza and pop, Bus ride back home.

Tyler is on the money saying $70.00 bucks for gas plus plus plus. Believe me, I didn't make a dime, just know lots of fishing club friends members in 3 clubs I belong to.

I'll be on the bus any time with my feet up having a snooze or maybe a refreshment for $85.00:)

I had a ATV, price for it, maintenance, trailer, storing it, insurance $300,00 a year, Truck gas to and from Simcoe, price for portable hut. etc, etc.

Do the math.

Gezzz I hope my wife don't see this post.:rolleyes::worthy::D

9 minutes ago, Fishlivesmatter said:

The wife Haha no doubt! Sorry i wasnt trying to stir a pot here just gave an opinion is all!

So , you're going then ?  :).....   I take it you are young and may not be familiar with the latest costs of going solo or with a friend on an ice fishing trip , unless you have your own shelter (outhouse) , bait , sled(atv) , etc.  The drive there and back is too much for this old dude ,  rather catch a motel room for a night .

Fish Farmer .....  your wife should know by now ,  fishermen tell lies ,  there's some real good stories about guys going fishing or golfing .......:Gonefishing:

9 hours ago, Fishlivesmatter said:

The wife Haha no doubt! Sorry i wasnt trying to stir a pot here just gave an opinion is all!

Not a problem, When you say $85.00 it sounds a lot at first.

I do have a portable Clam, but getting old sucks can't pull that thing like I used to.

Like Smerch says, That drive through Toronto makes one fish close to home like Erie, L. Ont. or Ice fish Hamilton Harbor. I'm at these places in mins.

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

So , you're going then ?  :).....   I take it you are young and may not be familiar with the latest costs of going solo or with a friend on an ice fishing trip , unless you have your own shelter (outhouse) , bait , sled(atv) , etc.  The drive there and back is too much for this old dude ,  rather catch a motel room for a night .

Fish Farmer .....  your wife should know by now ,  fishermen tell lies ,  there's some real good stories about guys going fishing or golfing .......:Gonefishing:

HaHaHa

Your right smerch, wife tells me Ya OK tell me another one.:rolleyes:

I don't golf but have a few buds that I fish with that say you think fishing is expensive, try golf, they say the 19th. hole is pricey.:D

Just going any place nowadays beats up a hundred dollar bill.

Guy running the trip is putting me in the party hut for 8 guys, only 6 in my gang, may need a shovel by day end if you know what I mean.:blahblah1::blahblah1::lol:

6 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

IF it was only about cost, then save the headache and just buy a pound of perch for $16.99 or pickerel for $19.99 and enjoy.

In reality its really about the adventure and sometimes its tough to put a price on that.

Hit the nail smack dead center Drifter Tom !    My best ice fishing days were at Quinte .....staying overnight to get the next morning fish , then heading home . The motel (dive) was right next door to KFC  with other eat spots near by .  :D   You never forget those trips , everyone of them a new adventure !  

Yes FF , a $100 doesn't go far these days .....a tank of gas for my old beast  , or a new tire ......speaking of tires.....I had an e test done yesterday , tail pipe sniffer . FREE !  The guy laughed when I said "no charge" ???  He said you pay when you get your new plates  !  Before I left I spotted some nice snow tires for my van .....$1033.  later I was home ...getting the tires plus 4 new rims installed Friday !   So ya ya , Fish Farmer  , it's an expensive world out there ... 

Can you believe those little 1 inch ice Raps will set you back 2 fins ?   :o .....try them out at Simcoe ....they worked for me next door at Couch .   :Gonefishing:

16 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

2008 I ran a Ice fishing bus trip for 4 years cost for a tour bus for the day was $1500.00

I had 55 guys and the price then was $70.00 for the day, Bus ride there and back, hut, bait and Pizza & pop on the way home on the bus.

Hut then because I got a deal for guarantee of 55 guys was $35.00 each. Today a good hut rental is $50 to $60 a day PP.

I lost a lot of hair putting it together hoping you get the commitment and money. I had to put the money out up front out of my pocket. 

So as Tyler says it's cheap just to sit and relax on a tour bus, don't have to drive, taxi out to hut and back, bait, free Pizza and pop, Bus ride back home.

Tyler is on the money saying $70.00 bucks for gas plus plus plus. Believe me, I didn't make a dime, just know lots of fishing club friends members in 3 clubs I belong to.

I'll be on the bus any time with my feet up having a snooze or maybe a refreshment for $85.00:)

I had a ATV, price for it, maintenance, trailer, storing it, insurance $300,00 a year, Truck gas to and from Simcoe, price for portable hut. etc, etc.

Do the math.

Gezzz I hope my wife don't see this post.:rolleyes::worthy::D

Damn straight that's a good deal. Plus you forgot to add the parking ticket you get on the way home...lol

All the guy is trying to get a group of guys together to have a good time and then the A-HOLES come along and pic it apart.If you think its so expensive then don't partake and keep your ????? mouth shut.Fishfarmer don't listen to that guy,he is the type to whine all the way home because he couldn't catch any fish. You are doing a good thing ,hope it goes well and have fun. 

15 hours ago, jesse said:

Is there anyone from the forterie area going? I might be able to join in. Non smoker

I really don't know where most guys are coming from except the guys I know.

Jarvis, Dunnville, Hamilton.

I know there's a few twosomes that we try and match up, or you might meet on the bus shooting the gab:blahblah1::D

Operator tries to get 4 guys in a 6 man hut.

Just checking the long range weather .....for the next 10 days ....temps in the upper 30's & 40's F .  Looks like the "end is near here" mon freres ! 

The ditches running to the lake were at high tide yesterday , going to muddy up the creeks ,etc. 

I hope the hut operators get colder weather  at L.Simcoe to keep them going into March .

On 13/02/2018 at 9:18 PM, smerchly said:

Oh ya im going but not on the bus trip!

Me? No im not young by any means! Im an all in kinda guy if im doing something its done right yes i have all my own gear and a truck atv etc.  Im well aware of gas prices :).  I guess im blessed with a good job and no kids to steal my time and money away!  I couldn't imagine going out to a lake and being bound to one spot!!!! Hey thats me tho to each their own if ur getting out for some time with the boys and dont care about what and how much you catch then well all the power to ya

Archived