Trout Opener

deetch

Got out to Bowmaville Sunday for a 8.30 start , water was a little high with good colour . Surprised , the go to spot was empty of fishermen . I brought lots of baits to try including dew worms it was chilly with a light dusting of snow !            There was a big fallen  tree in the tail end of the drift which limited the amount the space available to fish , more than 2 fishing this spot would be tight ( perfect for the 2 of us )   I' m rigged and ready first 10 drifts or so I had 3 fish on ( great start ) I finally land a nice silver female my buddy nothing yet  he switches over baits and lands one aswell  though it wasn' t long before the bite slowed . I didn' t see many bent rods when looking around .....switching baits I get bit by a runaway train  haha this fish went under the big tree and headed down river . There was enough space for me to bend and crouch under the tree in order to chase my fish . It wasn' t till the next bend which was quit a ways down before I was in control and was able to land the trophy steelhead ( a good 30 "  er )             My day ended 2 for 10 my buddy also landed 2 not great results but a nice day to be out......

I was in  Argentina Oct 2017  ( Jurassic Lake ) and caught a lot of big rainbow      biggest 19 lbs , They do not fight like our northern steelhead  but they have  big        numbers to make up for that 

Rocknreel

Was up in the Collingwood area. First time I've seen the ski slopes with snow from top to bottom. I honestly think the resort was open for skiers.  I've been going up for 30 plus years and never seen so much snow.  The river was high and dirty.  The rain Friday night did not help the cause.  All the locals were saying that the run is late and the fish were still on  their beds.  5 guys we landed 2 bows for those conditions I guess not bad but we usually do a lot better.  Maybe I will give it a week or so and giver another shot. Also Saturday was windy, cold and rainy.  No excuses just stating facts.

4 @ duffins, 2@ Bowmanville all on pink bags, or pink beads. Seen lots fish dropping, but not very active feeding.

Was fishing the Suageen below the dam on the North side, not too many people fishing due to snow and cold windy weather. Caught fish all day until my arms were sore.  On Sunday morning the crowd came out with the nice weather but still caught lots of fish. 

20 hours ago, steelshady said:

Was fishing the Suageen below the dam on the North side, not too many people fishing due to snow and cold windy weather. Caught fish all day until my arms were sore.  On Sunday morning the crowd came out with the nice weather but still caught lots of fish. 

Nice, Which is north shore? Is that trailer park side or the other side?  I like the Saugeen, just not up near the dam. That, and its 3 hour drive one way. I need to make a trip up there as Ive not been for quite awhile.

5 hours ago, DaveC said:

Nice, Which is north shore? Is that trailer park side or the other side?  I like the Saugeen, just not up near the dam. That, and its 3 hour drive one way. I need to make a trip up there as Ive not been for quite awhile.

Trailer park, will be fish there for a while. I say all month.

Archived