Fifty point success

Bass-turd

Went down to fifty point today to take advantage of the weather since it’s a few minutes from me. Brought gear for perch pike and trout but it was the pike that were cooperative. Was only out for about an hour and a half when I caught a nice 30 inch female, very healthy looking. Probably about the 8-10 lb range, she ate a rapala bx swimmer but boy was it deep, the whole lure was down her throat. I didn’t have any jaw spreaders which would’ve cut the time and effort down, but after about five minutes I got the lure out. She was bleeding but she did manage to swim away pretty strong. Pike fishing really is underrated just before freeze up and is probably the best chance to get your biggest during the soft water season, so take advantage. 

Right on..cold water pike fishing is a blast...30 incher isn't bad... better yet you got out and caught something .. thanks for the tease

Congrats Bass-T .... a 30" pike is considered a good fish in these parts . I also tried for pike (and perch) today ,  tossing a K12 pink/silver Kwikfish but no takers . Water was very cloudy , hence the #12 size .   The perch weren't interested in my nice fresh wiggly worms either !  Going to change my name soon , to Pepi !   :skunk:

I called Peter's while I was fishing .....they just got a supply of minnows ,  so I'll  be armed with a new weapon next trip on the water . (I "was" going to go tomorrow , but the 10 yr.old battery died in our car today (rip) , & it's going in for an oil spray at noon ......     💔  😩  :Gonefishing: 

Archived