Jump to content


Sign in to follow this  
DaveC

Fishmas This Sat!!

Recommended Posts

Opener this sat...what is everyone's plan of attach? I've got some new UV soft beads, and UV rubber worms to try out. I think the water levels are going to be perfect this year. All the best boys and girls !!!  Tyler, fishing all weekend into Monday txt me sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveC said:

Opener this sat...what is everyone's plan of attach? I've got some new UV soft beads, and UV rubber worms to try out. I think the water levels are going to be perfect this year. All the best boys and girls !!!  Tyler, fishing all weekend into Monday txt me sat.

I think I’m fishing Huron tribs Saturday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son is having his tonsils removed on Friday; and because he's younger than 3 years he has to stay overnight for observation.

I won't be able to make it on opener weekend this year...hoping to see some reports so I can imagine being there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian_b said:

My son is having his tonsils removed on Friday; and because he's younger than 3 years he has to stay overnight for observation.

 

For a scary second there I thought you were going to say you were going to use them for bait lol, speedy recovery to the lad though mate.

 

Edited by Limey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Brian_b said:

My son is having his tonsils removed on Friday; and because he's younger than 3 years he has to stay overnight for observation.

I won't be able to make it on opener weekend this year...hoping to see some reports so I can imagine being there.

 

Ahh man that sucks, Im sure he will be fine...Best of Luck Dad ! Make sure you get him a box of popsicles about all that works for the sore throat afterwards. Im sure must of been complications never heard of anyone so young having them removed. 

I,ll be drifting upper credit Norval to Eldorado Park. I hear the numbers are way down this year. Well see I guess.  Might hit up some other places Sun, Mon. Definitely not the ganny circus that's for sure. Did one year there was a joke...guys fishing 4" water and lining fish on beds. Not for me. Might hit US some secret spots we know of. Did not make it to the credit at all this past fall. Grew up on the credit, and pound for pound the best fighting steelhead...too bad the MNR cant get their head out of the sand and allow these fish to the head waters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, Tyler0420 said:

I think I’m fishing Huron tribs Saturday. 

what about Sun, Mon, Tues, lol? let me know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It gives the trib fish a bit of a break....lol...with temps being below seasonal most fish probably haven't spawned yet....looking forward to some inland reports.....no....not to steal your spots....lol....back to work the last couple weeks so I guess its my turn to get teased about the action....Haha...and some spots I simply won't ever be part of the weekend zoo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was excited for today with a full gameplan until yesterdays big rain. Now just have to keep my eyes on the charts and watch as a few of the smaller systems are on the drop. My 2 prefered creeks are on the smaller side and drop quickly. Just got to hope for minimal rain for a few days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not the normal opener this year. Where was everyone? Showed up to thornbury just after daylight.  windy, blowing snow and only two vehicles in the parking lot. The river was pretty blown. One little  1lber for me and a broken rod tip (pulling a snag out and the float smashed the tip and snapped it). Next off to meaford. Pretty much unfishable we weren’t wasting our time there. Off to Owen sound. Water was slower but muddy, so it was atleast fishable. No fish there. My buddy knew the guys across the river and they were just told that their friends are fishing Southampton and getting fish. that was our next stop anyways so we left. Show up and at most were 8 guys fishing including us and only 2 guys on our side. Stared catching fish right away and had good action for the few hours we were there. Around 15 rainbows between the two of us plus some suckers. I wish we started out there but thought it would be a zoo like usual. So the day started off crappy and ended pretty good. Good day to be out. Could have any spot you wanted if it was fishable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya weathers hasnt really been cooperative lately for fishing but at least u guys had a successful trip in the end .used to go to thornbury and meadord about 10 years ago but gave up on it because of the amount of guys to fight with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I stayed home on opener. My brother went to and east ditch and had a very good day with no crowds. I went out Sunday to another east ditch and went 8-9, and losing a monster that cart wheeled and peeled line like crazy. Fought it for about 10mins with my arms ready to fall off and had it worn out...so I thought another big run and leap and gone. Was a great day. I only tied 15 golf ball sized bags the night before cause I was tired figuring Id just use bead/worms jigs. Well they wanted nothing to do with anything other than chartruse bags. Water was dirty brown with about 8-10 vis, but no trouble finding fish. Most of them within 4-5 feet of the shoreline. Hooked a couple almost right at my feet. Weather was great..All but one fish were spawned out drop backs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DaveC said:

Well I stayed home on opener. My brother went to and east ditch and had a very good day with no crowds. I went out Sunday to another east ditch and went 8-9, and losing a monster that cart wheeled and peeled line like crazy. Fought it for about 10mins with my arms ready to fall off and had it worn out...so I thought another big run and leap and gone. Was a great day. I only tied 15 golf ball sized bags the night before cause I was tired figuring Id just use bead/worms jigs. Well they wanted nothing to do with anything other than chartruse bags. Water was dirty brown with about 8-10 vis, but no trouble finding fish. Most of them within 4-5 feet of the shoreline. Hooked a couple almost right at my feet. Weather was great..All but one fish were spawned out drop backs.

Spawned out fish eh? 3/4 fish we  kept were still tight. Some spawned out ones in the mix though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Spawned out fish eh? 3/4 fish we  kept were still tight. Some spawned out ones in the mix though. 

Yep, and dropping real fast. The east is like that...they run up sooner. The one fresh fish. With the rain in the forecast most fish will be gone from those creeks pretty soon. Had a fun day though. I cant hike, so park n fish was it. Slammed a nice one on my second drift just as my brother arrived. If I had more bags I would have stayed longer, but hey all good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:56 PM, Tyler0420 said:

Bottom pic, looks like the legion hole @ bighead.  Surprised you hooked fish in the upper pic, that's pretty chocolate. Sometimes I find I do better in the dirty water though. Rather fish it then the gin clear stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaveC said:

Bottom pic, looks like the legion hole @ bighead.  Surprised you hooked fish in the upper pic, that's pretty chocolate. Sometimes I find I do better in the dirty water though. Rather fish it then the gin clear stuff. 

You know your holes dave  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

You know your holes dave  lol

wise guy !   I probably fished that hole when you were just a thought..lol.  The credit, and meaford is where I spent most of my growing up.  Perfect for the parknfish type of guy I am now..lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...