2 to 0 for tonight

DNorton

Took my boy out tonight for carp again. Testing some more mix pack baits with method feeders. Same rigs same setups. Fishing maybe 15 ft apart. We hit a double header to start the night. My carp took off with a bolt and a few head shakes and spit the hook I guess, some curse words under my breath I set the rod down and grab the net for my son. Gets the carp within netting distance and the net guy fails and he pulled the hook. Lost both! Argh! Not a great start to the night. 

Matter of minutes later his rod goes off and we manage a torpedo of a carp. Weighed 10lbs in the net so let’s say 8lb to be safe? Decent sized fish and my boy was happy so we re rig our lines and setup again. Sure enough his rod goes off maybe 20 minutes after that screaming line out. After about a 10 minute fight we manage a 18lb carp on shore into the net. Again scale said 18 so we will call it 16 and feisty. 

Fished another hour with little line bumps but nothing else doing and the bugs were starting to get bad so we packed it in. All in all a good night he outfished his old man 2 to 0 tonight. 

8B3871FD-9AE5-444B-BEBD-74B853924324.jpeg

274BEECB-450E-491C-B481-4AF321FDE77E.jpeg

33E9248F-C039-41F2-90AF-61643CEF2522.jpeg

Wow, you guys are doing great!  And your son caught himself a mirror as well!  Man, I've been fishing a lot longer than him and have yet to catch a mirror.

Way to go Guys.  They sure seem to like your method mix Norton. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived