Carpin tonight.

Tyler0420

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So nice out, let’s hope for some fish. Kind of a sloppy bag because I was rushing but here’s a bunch of stuff inside a pva bag. The corn was rotting the bag away. Should of brought the salt.  

7C0F5049-BC91-4B36-9BDC-3B312CEC9B21.jpeg

72C8A98D-476A-4126-9673-F0B72EB09E25.jpeg

Just got back in from fishing. Fished 3 hours not a single bump. The bugs were horrid. I had a nice pod of carp come into my swim a few times eating my chum with no takes. Not sure why but whatever. Had my fly rod with me and was swinging a black wooly bugger a few times infront of them and they turned there nose up to it. Oh well maybe tomorrow will be better. Hope your night goes better then mine! 

Fished from 9pm-1am last night. As soon as I said it was a beautiful night it started raining the rest of the night.  Sucks when you have to leave and you just spent 4 hours baiting your swim and fish are crashing the surface infront of you.  No takers last night and only one fish caught. Spent most of the night in my truck with the alarm receiver. 

What do you do for the bugs Tyler? I’ve tried to fish at night can’t make it past sundown the bugs just eat me alive. Tried bug spray and it turns the fish off so I’m at an impasse as to what to try to continue to fish through the night. 

Bad year for bugs .  Boats start coming in at dusk  before the clouds of bugs eat you up ....lots of stagnant water from the lake backing into farm lands ,etc.,and moths , gnats and tiny flies that feed the tiny fish .

I haven't put much time fishing for carp after dark , but I have talked to some who said they did well . The cats will hit your bait as well .

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Looking to get out over the next couple of nights. Package came today, can’t wait to get home. 

I just ordered a spod and spomb off carp kit.  Can’t wait for it to arrive. 

Fished last night from 9pm-1am. Tried out the new baits and the spod.  The spod I actually really like. I have the smallest one so I use it on my 9’ MH rod instead of a spod rod. Some of the bait flys out about 3/4 of the way but lands in the same general area as the spod. (A little more spread out then a spomb would do.) I was spodding boilies/corn mix.  I put a 20mm boilie on my hair with a pva stick full of oats,pellets, pineapple smoke flavour and crushed boilies. Ended up landing one fish 13lbs.  First carp at night in a long time. 

2135E2B2-C434-48C0-8E48-5D667B8294DE.jpeg

D7A40C90-A136-40CD-ACE1-9D5145E7E4BA.jpeg

Congrats Tyler ....looks like a nice plump girl ....thought it was  larger than 13 lbs. 

I have seen a few carp "roll over" in the bay  ...14-16 fow , clean bottom, but about 200 meters  from shore . ....always hoping  one would take the worm harness .  I suppose one could anchor out there , both ends of the boat , and try some can corn ,  but I think the perch would feed on it , but not maize....

I expect to see that 30#+ soon !  

(  perch for dinner today)   

31 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Congrats Tyler ....looks like a nice plump girl ....thought it was  larger than 13 lbs. 

I have seen a few carp "roll over" in the bay  ...14-16 fow , clean bottom, but about 200 meters  from shore . ....always hoping  one would take the worm harness .  I suppose one could anchor out there , both ends of the boat , and try some can corn ,  but I think the perch would feed on it , but not maize....

I expect to see that 30#+ soon !  

(  perch for dinner today)   

I’ll be putting in 14hours of  day fishing over the weekend. Hopefully I’ll see one over 20lbs. Next goal 30lbs. 

How are the bugs after dark Tyler ?   The skittos are real thirsty here at dark .....been windy & some rain today but lake is like glass now ....no wind = getting eaten alive by the blood thirsty bugs .

Good luck next time  !   :Gonefishing:

47 minutes ago, smerchly said:

How are the bugs after dark Tyler ?   The skittos are real thirsty here at dark .....been windy & some rain today but lake is like glass now ....no wind = getting eaten alive by the blood thirsty bugs .

Good luck next time  !   :Gonefishing:

I was out the Other night and no bugs.

8 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

I was out the Other night and no bugs.

That's good !  You must eat a lot of garlic  haha ....or that Hammi air / water is killing them off ....:unsure:

At least there is no ticks here (yet).....

Archived