Google Maps

smerchly

I use the maps frequently to check where to fish  on windy days . It shows me which banks will have the wind behind me . The latest Google map on this area show all the green trees as if the photo was taken during the summer ....but Lake Gibson shows ice ? on the water . Good quality pictures show the weed beds which are handy to see all year around .

So what's with the "ice" and green trees at Gibby ? 

google map Gibson.jpg

5 minutes ago, bigugli said:

That is stirred up mud

Has to be the cleanest whitest mud I've seen . 

I resort to looking at the maps on Navigator  which show weed beds according to what year maps are printed.

There are actually many different maps that you can use.  Google maps, google earth, map quest, etc.   Each has different imagery taken at different times which is helpful if you are searching for structure.  Sometimes the water is clearer in one than the other. 

Google earth has the ability to view different angles which is helpful when looking for shore access.  

11 hours ago, smerchly said:

Has to be the cleanest whitest mud I've seen . 

I resort to looking at the maps on Navigator  which show weed beds according to what year maps are printed.

Water in those white patch areas is all shallow. A good wind stirs it up easily.Sunlight reflects on the surface to give that white sheen. The rest of the water is a nice blue

Archived