Toss the STOP signs ??

smerchly

Here we go again with the "carbon foot print"  ...We can expect all kinds of nutty ideas to save the planet and those who will use climate change to line their pockets .

Sobeys will eliminate ALL plastic bags soon ....good luck keeping your customer base .....  I'm sure eliminating plastic straws will save us too .

The latest ......   Stop signs waste gas !   "We don't stop anyway"  he says ....   Don't worry bud , electric cars won't waste gas so hold on a  minute ! 

It's gotta be the "weed" .....  :santa:

https://www.niagarafallsreview.ca/news-story/9836833-niagara-falls-staff-to-report-back-on-stop-signs-impact-to-environment/

Much of the work done these days is contracted out to the lowest bidder (Burgoyne bridge) and  then go way over bid costs or have to repair shoddy work later .  I use the roundabout at 7th frequently  and it seems to run quite smoothly , except it's a tight circle for those mammoth semis .  I'll be surprised if they replace a stop sign with a yield .... law suits can be costly ....

Drive down Cataract Rd. from here to HWY 20 .....they put stop signs at 3 short lanes that have one house on each lane . When you have the bucks ...... 

People already drive with bad enough habits these days....so next time you blow through a stop sign...red light or pass a stopped school bus...just tell the cop that you are reducing your carbon footprint .... I wonder what the excuse is for people who seem to think you dont need turn signals anymore 🤔....maybe reducing a few "drive throughs" would help....or those new parking (sitting in your idling car)...because I just ordered my stuff online so I dont have to actually shop myself and I can sit in my car while someone brings it to me spots.....what a joke that is...preffered parking spaces right next to the people who actually have a need for it like a pregnant mom to be...toddlers in tote or a person with an actual handicap or mobility problem....so let's give the laziest self righteous I do have to do anything for myself people a priority parking spot...🙄🤨😂🤐🤐🤐

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

maybe reducing a few "drive throughs" would help....

Got me a coffee at Port Dal.an hour ago ....no drive through ....long walk from van to front door ( about 50') .  It makes me laugh that they want to stop cars from idling for 3 secs. at a stop sign to save a teaspoon of gas while I see vehicles waiting in long lines at Timmies for 10 minutes to get their java ..   Get ready for more climate change hysteria !   🤑

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Got me a coffee at Port Dal.an hour ago ....no drive through ....long walk from van to front door ( about 50') .  It makes me laugh that they want to stop cars from idling for 3 secs. at a stop sign to save a teaspoon of gas while I see vehicles waiting in long lines at Timmies for 10 minutes to get their java ..   Get ready for more climate change hysteria !   🤑

Even funnier is the people that drive across the region to save on gas by filling up at the cheapest station ... your time has a value and you burn gas on your drive.

46 minutes ago, Snags said:

Even funnier is the people that drive across the region to save on gas by filling up at the cheapest station ... your time has a value and you burn gas on your drive.

I usually get gas when I'm on the run . I know ahead of time what the prices are (  Gas Buddy) . At S & W today , gas was 1.06  and they serve . 

BTW,   Rennie pond is pooched .....no ice fishing there for a while.....good for carping though  B)

Archived