Keeping busy today

Jwl1

Seeing as I work a full time night shift....decided to make the best of a beauty day...got home about 7am..instead if dwelling on all the stuff I cant do...focus on what I can do to have a great day off....so far...errands done early....some pregame beer at the grocery store because the real beer store not open yet....pile of meat to go with it...rib eyes marinating..bacon wrapped chicken par cooking...a couple racks of ribs o  the pre boil..revamping my bbq pit for my new smoker grill's maiden voyage....tunes on...great day so far.....teaser updates when the meat goes the smoker....lol....have a great....safe holiday weekend!!!!!!!

Phase one of the grill plan....I built "the acorn" in the house and then it wouldn't fit out the back patio door...lol...its almost 100lbs....had to wait for the stepson to help ne bring it out back...haha..go figure...now almost time for some charcoal and smoke chips to start brewing 

20200516_122841.jpg

40 minutes ago, Bubba14 said:

If only I knew where you lived!!!!

I can tell you ....how bad do you want to know ?   B)

1 hour ago, Jwl1 said:

pregame beer at the grocery store because the real beer store not open yet....pile of meat to go with it...rib eyes marinating..bacon wrapped chicken par cooking...a couple racks of ribs o  the pre boil..revamping my bbq pit for my new smoker grill's maiden voyage....tunes on

I will drop by tomorrow Jack !!   :wub:....love ya .....

Ok Bill....no prob my friend....take out for 2?....sorry guys..he already knows where I live...lol...and here is phase 2 of the plan so far

20200516_132647.jpg

Sounds good...............We're kind of doing the same thing.....................Cleaned up around the yard this morning.........And now the BBQ is cooking up some steaks....................About time the weather is co-operating........................

Next chapter .....lay on the meat!!@@!!....let's all just be worried about what we have right now......instead of what we dont have or cant do right now and make the best of it!@@

20200516_164522.jpg

Jwl’s photos reminded me of something my wife showed me the other day on one of her websites...... it is now highly recommended that you wear a mask inside your own home.  It’s not so much to aid with covid19, but to stop you eating!!

If the wife had it her way Gene,....I would most likely be wearing something to cover the mug with all the time

You know the song JW ...."  If you want to be happy the rest of your life .

Make an ugli dude your.....wait a minute...............   :huh:

I know you are a good cook Jack .....you got it "maid"  ! 

Looks real nice Jack , good job !  Me & my neighbour did some work for our back yard neighbour cutting large branches from a huge maple tree , and drove in some T-bars against her leaning 4 x 4 fence posts for support  ....lots of branches to cut up , trim and stack . I planted a 4 tomato plants , basil , and dug up a small bed for some beans and cucs . No trip to Quinte this year .....so got to have a little veggie garden .

Did some flowers as well ....hoping to get some glads this year for the first time . 

Don't forget you have a fishing rod Jack !!!  We need to do a "carp in" soon !   :Gonefishing:

Nice gents ! 

I’ve also been busy this week. I’ve planted all my veggies today- will send a picture or 2 of the garden tomorrow since it’s dark now. 

I also built an attached garage to my house over the past few days. Will send pics tomorrow - it’s dark and I’m whooped!

Capn 

You have been a busy man CaptHook ......  some hot days on the way ....going to plant a few bean , cucs and grass seeds . 

I have been laying low on fishing weekends to do the  "honey doo's"   🥰

That's awesome..the way I see it...if we have to entertain ourselves at home...may as well make the best of it....and you are right bill...I have a closet full of fishing rods that could use some fresh air...lol

7 hours ago, Captain Hooksets said:

And the garage. Panels need to be painted white, soffit/flashing needs to be installed and need a garage door but this is the 3 day progress so far. 

3DACF3BD-815C-444B-BE6C-CE293E69FDB1.jpeg

E89D1FC7-5118-4C84-9A11-F20301FE1AF9.jpeg

D59DEF06-D3F1-4A62-B6F1-11C0C3B408DB.jpeg

Nice work captain. 

Archived