Wasted Time

smerchly

....a little fishing related ..... We get a flyer for home Hardware ,  I  see a sprayer and 4 lt. deck spray on sale ......first day of sale (yesterday) I go in the rain (less people) ,ask for the pump sprayer ...all sold out !  Ask for the deck cleaner ....all gone !  Then I asked a lady where the cleaning vinegar is (to clean my canoe before painting) ....all sold out !  I needed a few round patio stones that I got there a few years ago ....no gotsa !  

Why am I here ??   :dunno:   ....wasted gas , and a half hour  of my time .....

But I'm not blaming them entirely .....yes , it has the C-19 thing behind it ....  When they opened the store , the gardeners , etc. invaded the store like Walmarters snatching chips off the shelves and obliterated the back yard supplies !  Many items that cross the border are hard to get now ..... It will be nice to be "normal" again !  

.....and that's my rant for today folks .....    :tease:

13 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

The hardware stores are busier then grocery stores right now. Contractors can get materials now and everyone needs a new backyard.  

Exactly Ty .....not blaming the store entirely , but when they have items on sale I expect they would have more stock , or quote in their ad how many in stock . Same thing happened there when they had Seafoam on sale ...some guy scooped up every can on the shelf .  Maybe phone ahead and "reserve" the items .....it's a 3 minute drive  for me....

I "was" going fishing this morning until it started pouring rain !!   ....bonus for pulling weeds though .....😛

On 5/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, smerchly said:

Exactly Ty .....not blaming the store entirely , but when they have items on sale I expect they would have more stock , or quote in their ad how many in stock . Same thing happened there when they had Seafoam on sale ...some guy scooped up every can on the shelf .  Maybe phone ahead and "reserve" the items .....it's a 3 minute drive  for me....

I "was" going fishing this morning until it started pouring rain !!   ....bonus for pulling weeds though .....😛

Unfortunately, Bill, The sales features and the flyers were planned back in November for this spring. That is necessary to ensure enough material is normally available. This year, however, is anything but normal.

1 hour ago, bigugli said:

Unfortunately, Bill, The sales features and the flyers were planned back in November for this spring. That is necessary to ensure enough material is normally available. This year, however, is anything but normal.

Looks like the "norm" may be making way for the "new" norm Bruce .  Many small business will be gone ....more for the corporate world to take over . 

When I read an ad , e.g. ,Can.Tire on line ,  they post what stores have in their stock . When I visit the stores , the clerks will check their inventory and say ,  we have "10" in stock ....the marvels of code bar reading !

Maybe a phone call before wasting peoples time would help ......the mall is 2 minutes from here ....  

Archived