Lake Gibson Lunker ( Pics added )

Guest Rockfish

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rockfish

Yep, I need to remember and thank all the guys that gave good info about the area since I am fairly new to Gibson, spanky, scottydog and smerchly are just a few I yaked to about where to catch Bass, Pike and Muskie around there through persistance.

:Gonefishing:

Guest Rockfish

Well thanks all, and Mrs. Finigan for telling me her Muskie and Pike secrets like the one she has hanging on the wall in the shop. :worthy: It took quite a few trips out there to finally hook into a good one.

Guest BrownBomber

Amazing fish Rockfish! :worthy::worthy:

Mugen told me he lost a musky down in that area the other day. They are in there...now I gotta get mine!

Guest Rockfish

About 10 mins to land her, I saw her come up once when she was first hooked, then she took about 3 good short runs and stayed down for over 5 mins till I could get her up again.

:worthy:

Guest FisherNick

I know it has been said already, but WTG

Thats a great fish, considering the small body of water it came from.

My guess is over 20lbs, but im no expert.

Good going

Cheers

Nick

They definately do hit at night. I used to fish Rice Lake off the dock at night and heard some huge splashesand rolls. I watched a muskrat swim across the bay and heard a muskie take it down, huge splash, a couple of squeals and good bye muskrat.

gee guys

you realise im gonna have to get a pin and pop his inflated ego now dont ya? hahahaha

just kiddin, I Envy the heck out of you for gettin that fish.

I think next time your thinkin of goin to Gibson i'll have to flash some gas money so you'll take me along huh? hahaha

:rolleyes:

good work, im thinkin ya need to get a digital camera, or at least remind me to bring mine as i always seem to leave it in my friends cars after my fishing trips. haha

Guest Rockfish

Blair, I don't get an inflated ego. :rolleyes: Just there at the right time and hit the right spot, have been in that area about 20 times this yr and have caught a few Pike and Bass and that was it before that.

The fish are definately not always in same area and cruise around alot looking for food.

hey nice fish man..bet that was a nice bonus to the day, ya never know when one like that might hit, most of the muskies I have caught have been while fishing for something else and have gotten a big surprize, nice pic of that one too..looks like a good 20-25lber for sure

:D Nice Fish Rockfish, I hear of Muskie in these parts but havn't seen much of them. Nice to see that there is still some kicking around. Again Congrats on your catch.

Archived