Lack of tackle shops

Jwl1

25 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Steve had a Tackle Shop in the 80's, first in the front of a home on Main, later on a store on Lakeport think it was, catered mostly to the salmon and steelhead crowd.

edit : that vintage the Fenwick HMG 1441 blank was really popular in the 12 footer, it was a true noodle rod, 2-6 pound line.

He was about the Fenwicks for sure, then G Loomis before he move onto Port Burwell for charter fishing. Yes, long time ago. 😄

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, мормышка said:

He was about the Fenwicks for sure, then G Loomis before he move onto Port Burwell for charter fishing. Yes, long time ago. 😄

Last time I heard of him he had a shop at the junction of Hwy 6 and Hwy 24 south of Simcoe.

My cousin has one of Steve's long rods ....a real nice rod !  

Speaking of"tackle shops" ....I was in the vicinity of Peter's Tackle today , thought I'd drop in a drop a few bucks ....Low and behold ...doors locked ...nobody home !!    Smerch forgot they are closed Wednesdays !   :wacko:  

I heard they may resume opening Wed. soon .....   :Gonefishing:

Tomorrow is going to be a cool one .....maybe try Rennie ONE MORE TIME  and hit up Pete's on the way to or fro ...

9 hours ago, smerchly said:

My cousin has one of Steve's long rods ....a real nice rod !  

Speaking of"tackle shops" ....I was in the vicinity of Peter's Tackle today , thought I'd drop in a drop a few bucks ....Low and behold ...doors locked ...nobody home !!    Smerch forgot they are closed Wednesdays !   :wacko:  

I heard they may resume opening Wed. soon .....   :Gonefishing:

Tomorrow is going to be a cool one .....maybe try Rennie ONE MORE TIME  and hit up Pete's on the way to or fro ...

I didn't realize that they were closed on Wed...........Hopefully they will change their schedule, if they already haven't...................

4 hours ago, мормышка said:

Interesting. Would have to go for a drive and drop in to see what he's selling. Name of shop?

Don't bother , by the look of google street view it has not been open for some time 🤣

image.png

On 1/28/2020 at 4:40 PM, Tyler0420 said:

im Done with bass pro, walked out with nothing the last two times I went.  Ct their prices are ridiculous, thought big box stores were suppose to be cheaper.  I hate how most tackle shops don’t open till 9:00am and I wanna be on the water by 6am then they close at 5:00 and I work till 7.  

Used to be tackle shops were open by 7am or earlier.  Many would have a pot of coffee brewing.  They would also shut down early, so the owner could get in some time on the water. That does not happen in Niagara. I've thought about running a shop, but I'm getting too old for that, and the son has lost interest.

Archived