Port Dalhousie Bridge

deetch

Took a drive to see how the boys were doing down at Port and there must have been at least 20 guys fishing off the bridge. 
There were 2 boats drifting and I saw a couple hook ups.  I didn’t see much action off the bridge. I was down there about 11 am.  A lot of people out and about walking and feeding the mallards.

28 minutes ago, deetch said:

Took a drive to see how the boys were doing down at Port and there must have been at least 20 guys fishing off the bridge. 
There were 2 boats drifting and I saw a couple hook ups.  I didn’t see much action off the bridge. I was down there about 11 am.  A lot of people out and about walking and feeding the mallards.

How would you go about landing a fish from the bridge? Drop net?

Long handle nets like they use from the wall when the lake level is low . Many of those anglers are from other areas . It's usually the east wall where many come to catch  the bows  at this time but it has changed a lot since they dumped tons of large rocks along the wall .  It may actually open up more fishing space since they will not be able to tie boats there again .....and fishing from those rocks will be dangerous with the strong current there .....

Archived