Fair ??

smerchly

So , my wife got groceries yesterday at WalMart where we can buy anything from clothing to hardware while we are there . ....ended up with 12 plastic bags packed with food ....etc . I went to C.T. looking for some hinges , etc.  but cannot enter the store ....same with Home Hardware .....

C.T. is never as busy as the U.S. box stores like Wally/Costco , and therefore has more room to "physical distance"  Every time I go to Wally I see people who don't know which way to go down the isles with those POINTED arrows ....(prob.drive the wrong way down one way streets) ??

I feel safer shopping at C.T. who know how to run their business safely during these times . They are losing big bucks as people get their stuff at Wally instead . We can expect the prices to go up and up while they try to recoup their losses ...if they are still in business . That would be good news for Wally/Costco/Amazon who are making billions  now .

I had to pay my CT bill at the bank today  (don't do on line $$$) ....usually pay at CT while grabbing a few items....pushing this lock down a little too far me thinks .....:read:

Let's hope we can ice fish "unmolested"    :Gonefishing: 

I would do the same for large items Gene ,  but I like to check out some things for quality and browse to get some things I see on sale .  A couple weeks ago our house vac died .....CT had some on sale so I checked out a few more models in the store & bought another brand that was also on sale . I'm sure we could shop there safer than at Walmart .  I feel for all the people who cannot work and keep their bills paid .  

I paid my CT bill inside the bank at the teller's desk ...plexi- glass & both myself and teller wearing a mask . ...actually safer than using the bank machine someone just coughed on .....   B)

On 1/21/2021 at 3:52 PM, мормышка said:

I only support Serf-Mart, at this time, because I can shop inside the store.

I think on line shopping will be the only way in the near future .....  To save even more , buy direct from China , etc.

One thing about the store closings over the past year , I have actually saved a lot more money not buying store items and less gasoline , restaurants (zero)  .... probably not spending about half my normal  rate . ( might be able to buy a brand new pick up in a few more years)  B)   We should be getting lower insurance premiums since many are not driving as much now . .....waiting over 6 months now to buy a few deck boards.....  :huh:

Restaurants/gyms/salons have definitely been hardest hit. Many of their closures are around in the area. And based on what actually? There was a lawsuit filed against NYS for lack of the so-called scientific evidence (as per Gov Cuomo) and justification. It didn't go to court, but once filed, they were allowed to open with reduced capacities. Better than being fully shutdown.

2 hours ago, мормышка said:

Restaurants/gyms/salons have definitely been hardest hit.

One of our grandkids works in a salon which has 9 other employees . ...SHUT DOWN !  And , of course the people who supply all those products to the salon would lay off their people . Maybe they can rent some floor space in Walmart ......

Absolutely nothing makes sense.

Hotels were packed during the holidays.  You can stand in line at any of the large stores where you can enter and shop, but you can't enter home depot.  I need a new light fixture, but I physically want to see what I am going to buy and not a few pictures of it online.  I would call that a necessity because I don't feel like installing a spot light for the yard in my bathroom, but it isn't.  Wal-mart is open ... where I can buy an assortment of items from toys, to food, to furniture ... but I can't go into a store and look for a small end table/shelf.

Buses going past the house with 10+ passengers ....?

I went to get some FOOD for my dog at the local Pet Smart ....big sign in front ,  call or text your order only ....curbside pickup . I just dropped in on my way back from the ponds and just asked for one bag of dog food ....then had to wait 10 minutes as other people came to pick up their orders ....another 2 minutes and I was headed to Walmart to get the food ! 

I had to get a much larger bag for my small dog ...typical of many stores who keep little stock !.... but at least I won't need to go back for 2 years ....:rolleyes:

Look at this from the WHO admitting this on the 21st: WHO Information Notice for IVD Users 2020/05

So maybe the test results won't be exploited (to justify masks/lockdowns/fines, etc) and the so-called "cases" can drop down to accurate and realistic numbers.

Oh, what will Doug Ford and the other politicians do? 

Archived