Gas Price Variations

genec

Just checked Gas Buddy ...lowest - $1.16.7 ....highest $1.29.7...quite a variation for low grade gas.

Mr.Trudeau said today we must get rid of gas powered vehicles and go E.V.   If I bought a new truck today I would hope to be driving it in 2041 .....my van is 24 years old and still like new ...

6 minutes ago, genec said:

I just checked Gas Buddy, and where I filled up this afternoon in Welland for $1.08 it is now $1.02

Going back about 10 years ago I used to fish the rec. often with my cousin and would stop at Can.Tire , Niagara St. on the way back to St.Kitts and fill up as gas was always cheaper .  We are getting ripped off !   :dunno:

There is no method to the madness for gas prices, they will say WINTER FUEL ... they will say it is the climate tax, they will say it is supply and demand ... but none of it fits the data you see with your own eyes driving by stations.

Electric vehicles have come a long way, no question on that front, but your battery goes and it will be the cost of a ford fiesta.

35 minutes ago, мормышка said:

Other than less maintenance, there is no real advantage to owning a EV car.

Think I'll take my chances for the next 20 years with a gasoline power .....

I read a story about an EV burning up and the firemen had a hard time putting out the fire as it kept re-igniting as the powerful batter kept arching ...... 

I assume the Tesla's bodies are plastic ?   

https://driving.ca/tesla/auto-news/news/tesla-on-autopilot-crashes-in-texas-killing-two

3 hours ago, smerchly said:

Think I'll take my chances for the next 20 years with a gasoline power .....

I read a story about an EV burning up and the firemen had a hard time putting out the fire as it kept re-igniting as the powerful batter kept arching ...... 

I assume the Tesla's bodies are plastic ?   

https://driving.ca/tesla/auto-news/news/tesla-on-autopilot-crashes-in-texas-killing-two

More freedom with fuel. Fastest recharge time you have with a super charger (like designated recharge station) is 40 minutes (not factoring in a line up for it and that its on your travel route. Not sure that would cost for a 75% drain. Otherwise you upgrade your home service its 8 hrs, and if you don't its up to 14 hrs.

Hopefully , the more people who buy EV's the more gas will be available . We still need oil for the thousands of products made from it . 

A barrel of oil has been at $60 -$62 for many months while gas has gone up 25 -30 cents .The feds will tax us more and the "summer" fuel will boost the price higher .  We NEED to do this to save the planet you know ....   :rolleyes: 

• 2 weeks later...

Need to fill up my van ...soon . Prices now into the $1.30's /lt.

I've been waiting for a drop in prices , but it ain't going to happen !

Better get it quickly !  Tomorrow will be  ^

GAS  $1.32 May 8.PNG

2 hours ago, Chrisb said:

It is $1.13.4 to $1.19.9 in Welland now.

When we go to Deseronto we get gas from the Mohawk gas station (Olco) on Dundas St.  It's always at least 10 cents cheaper than here in Niagara , but I see it's the same price as Welland today . 

Ten cents per liter is 45 cents per Imp.gallon . We paid less than 9 cents per liter in the 50's ....:P