Strange i-pilot behavior

Gil

Was out perchin  out from Bertie with a buddy yesterday and had a weird thing happen with my i pilot! When we found the school and i spot locked on top of them,the motor head would just keep turning in a circle till the cord was tight then shut off! Changed battery as i thought that had to cause it! Nope! After drifting a bit and losing the school we tried every thing to get the thing to work! Finally buddy says, ill unplug it and and reinsert the plug! Nope! Same thing! Then i said ,make sure to turn it to the right to lock it in! Bingo! Worked! Stange that every function exept spot lock worked fine with the plug improperly inserted! So just a heads up if you have a Marinco plug on ur unit! Oh, we ended up with 26 perch ! Slow day! We did a lot better than most yesterday!

I had same issue a couple times last year. I found there is a key and a keyway type of joint in the bottom of the powerhead and the top of the base. I noticed that sometimes they dont mate together very easily . This caused my powerheadcto spin until it powered down. Now when I put  my motor down to use I make sure the key and keyway  mate.  Maybe keep an eye on that?

1 hour ago, shoemaker said:

I had same issue a couple times last year. I found there is a key and a keyway type of joint in the bottom of the powerhead and the top of the base. I noticed that sometimes they dont mate together very easily . This caused my powerheadcto spin until it powered down. Now when I put  my motor down to use I make sure the key and keyway  mate.  Maybe keep an eye on that?

This seems to happen sometimes when it's bumpy out there and the powerhead gets bumped up a bit