Erie Perchin

jesse

In case anyone wanted to take their boat out for perch lake Erie is producing in the 55-60 fow range off crystal beach area.Lots of fish & room for everyone!

Yeah I was off between Pte. Abino and Crystal Beach in 65 fow. and got nothing and then moved in to 60 fow and had non-stop action for a couple of hours. Great day to be out.

I went out on Sunday also, nice day. Got about 75 at 2 guys. The best was at 57fow in front of sherston, went all the way to 66fow but it was better in 57fow.

Brought home 50, only a dozen over 12", 20 10" and 11", the others 9" and 10"

I went out again today (Monday) just passed the lighthouse and entered the fog but the GPS wasn't working again so could not go farther

Had a bit of a hard time getting back but found my way using the depts on the fishfinder and following the clouds.

Hopefully this fog will go away.

I went out on Sunday also, nice day. Got about 75 at 2 guys. The best was at 57fow in front of sherston, went all the way to 66fow but it was better in 57fow.

Brought home 50, only a dozen over 12", 20 10" and 11", the others 9" and 10"

I went out again today (Monday) just passed the lighthouse and entered the fog but the GPS wasn't working again so could not go farther

Had a bit of a hard time getting back but found my way using the depts on the fishfinder and following the clouds.

Hopefully this fog will go away.

Grab a cheap compass to have on board as well,My fatherly advice for the day!

Thats not fatherly advice, its common sense. Why would you buy a cheap compass when you are depending on it to get in? The manual tells you not to rely solely on a GPS for navigation. They are not fool proof.

I ment cheap in a relative way.compared to most other equipment they are not much money.I have a nice ritchie with built in light,a bit of a pricey 1 overall.

Years ago two of my friends got into some thick fog on Erie . There was no GPS then and the compass was sticking because it was not sitting level & when they finally hit shore they asked a guy where they were . He said they were in Hamburg New York ! When the fog lifted they made it back to Port Colborne .

Years ago two of my friends got into some thick fog on Erie . There was no GPS then and the compass was sticking because it was not sitting level & when they finally hit shore they asked a guy where they were . He said they were in Hamburg New York ! When the fog lifted they made it back to Port Colborne .

Also happened to me.once,that was enough of that fun hence the Good compass i have now!

Went kut to cryst beach tuesday and yesterday. the lerch bite was awskme and the perch were jumbo goliath. 60 fow was the ticket. we cought 30 the first day and 60 the second day. i spent 5 joirs felleting but it was worth it.

What kind of boat do you have C.P.A ? If i don't throw out my anchor with about 100' of rope the slightest breeze gets me goin way too fast.I prefer to drift for a few min's & deploy the anchor when i feel my first Jumbo.Then i just sit & relax,no worrying/watching who im going to drift into.True relaxation for me!

When it's windy i use a grappling anchor, it's foldable with 4 points to catch, the most useful thing i have found for the anchor to hold is to use a 3 foot piece of chain between the anchor and your rope, it helps the anchor to settle on the bottom and grab. where there is lots of rocks like in the shallows i use a regular navy anchor so it doesn't get stuck in the rocks.

Archived