Bassin on Opennin' Day

joe

hello all..... been haven some puter problems, damn virus

pauline and i had a rough start to the day sat. start to bassin. but what an awsome awsome day!!!. we fish this little stream that flows into the saugeen river , and this sweet baby never lets us down .first fish of the day was a lovely 6lb smallie very dark fish , but what a freakin fight . we thought lets use the ultra light gear that we got from steve for perchin LOL what a BLAST !!!

4LB line gammy hooks a small split shot and a nice fat juicey leech bounched along the fallen logs on bottom ,leave the line a tad loose as to see the pick up . then it was hold on and watch the frickin show. jumps flips and then the usuall head shaking runs ....gotta love bassin, gives the heart a good workout

we took 8 fish for the day with many many more released to play another day . and on a brite note our range of fishing opportunities on this stream are increasing all the time. most of it is posted NO TRESPASSING. pauline charmed this old farmer land owner into allowing us into fishing his 300 acres of bass filled property anytime we want to, very cool guy he is :) he even told us where to fish for some BIG BOYS lol

steve buddie , if your up for it sometime would love to show you this honey hole . a real bassin adventure with the old fishing bums hahaha :(

Here's a few pics.....

2007_06230043.jpg

2007_06230045.jpg

JoeTwoStandingUp.jpg

2007_06230046.jpg

Hope everyone had a great day...........We had a blast!!!!

joe and pauline

looks like a pretty good little adventure..and bonus on the guy letting you fish his property as well..that's always cool. access to a spot no one else can fish :)

Nice going Joe & Pauline ! You guys must have had a real good time catching those bass . Maybe I can borrow Pauline for a while Joe ? I know this great spot at the Hydro Station at Decew and they won't let me fish there anymore ........ :Gonefishing:

Guest canadadude

Sweet looking Smallies there guys :Gonefishing::lol: .........I use to fish the upper Sauble River in that area years ago for Bass and it was easy to hook into 50-100 smallies in a day!!!! We would use ultralight rods and throw 1/8 or 1/16oz maribou jigs and smoke bass all day long!!! We fished on my friends Uncles farm which was also private and had the whole river to ourselves, it's surprising the excellent smallmouth fishing that area offers and it seems to be untouched!!!! :worthy:

thanks muchly ......ya it was a beauty day for sure

smerchly pauline has that ability to bat her eyes and wiggle her stuff :Gonefishing:

thank god she,s on my side :worthy: but she can fish with the best of us too!!

and we now have 2 big farms to fish through, last year a farmer offered to

let us fish his place when he saw us picking up all the garbage that the

no minds had left behind roadside.

going to go back up fishin next week , saw a nice sand filled pool

looking good for a skinny dippin spot :lol: ya know it does get

awful hot :P and no there wont be any pics here :D

Archived