Jordan Harbour Ice

Guest bigfishbass

Guest bigfishbass

This what the Jordan Harbour looked like this morning at around 930am...the lake is steaming hard...and ice if forming all over... anyone ever fish JH for perch in the winter?

jh2.jpg

JH used to be a hotspot (the harbor) but seems to have shallowed out over the years. seems the beacon is the only productive spot now. If anyone hits em in the harbour, let us know. There's plenty of room there.

i wouldn't have any problem eating them outta there.... it'll only hurt ya' if you make it a part of your regular diet :o

7155[/snapback]

Well, I just got me one of them fish crisp shaker bowls ,complete with a box of fish crisp for ten bucks at WallMart .Now I NEED some fat perch or crappies to try it out . Getting my super extra "lite" rods ready for the morning at Port D. or Jordan . Anybody who weighs over 150 can meet me there at the ice and I'll follow you...... :P

I'm looking forward to fishing the Beacon Marina...there are a couple of productive spots in there. Trout/pike can happen anywhere, but for perch you have to be on a migration route to catch them consistently.

7235[/snapback]

Tommy, they were getting pike right off that ship in the late fall with floats and big minnows . It's full of weeds on the north side of the ship and shallow , but you have to be extra careful of the ice conditions there because it's near the lake opening and gets more wave motion there . I think you know that anyway :) I was able to ice fish once this year there in the deeper water nearer to the east side but notta sniff ....

Guest cplummer
This what the Jordan Harbour looked like this morning at around 930am...the lake is steaming hard...and ice if forming all over... anyone ever fish JH for perch in the winter?

jh2.jpg

7146[/snapback]

the steam your refering too is warm poopie it's a specie known to inhabit jordan harbour when the people surrounding the harbour flush all new poopies breed and inhabit the cold dirty jordan waters ..............

Archived