crystal beach boat ramp

painter

Just wondering why the parking lot was full in crystal beach on a wed morning. I had to get home for the kids soccer games.so i left at 3:30pm the lot was still full. Guy on the shore was picking off the bass buy the dozen way to go.

busy cuz it's free, guys with smaller boats are trying to get in the walleye fishin while they can, before they move more West and out to deeper water,also spots where smallie fishin is crusher this time of year not too far from the launch..all you need to find is like 20-25 fow and you are all set, and if it's anything like last year...before it gets too windy out there for those of us with smaller boats too.

I've only been there once and it was packed ! There is only room for one boat in and one out .....the problem sometimes is when comming back in and many more boats are waiting to launch , it can get very tricky to manoever your trailer down the long ramp with vehicles crammed in there and keeping the "in" ramp open for boats who are comming back . Early in the day , 2 boats can launch side by side but that changes when guys are comming back in .

busy cuz it's summer time :D , and a big mix as usual of pleasure boaters and anglers, you could say the fishing on fire all you want, but if you head out there not knowing where to go, and what presentations to use, you could float around out there for a week and not really catch much more than the odd smallie or sheephead :lol::huh:

Hey JWL are you talking about me, because that's what I do there (float around and not really catch much more than the odd smallie) :D

I was out there tuesday morning at 6am, there was only 2 boats. When I left at 11am there was only 6 or boats, probably because the weather was so rough on tuesday but wednesday the weather was nice so everyone goes to the lake.

You can either fight the winds or the people in the niagara region, it doesn't seem to matter where you go when it's nice out its full of people everywhere.

If you been doing that Richard, you been doing alot better than me out there this year :D , I haven't even had my boat out on the lake yet this year, and have been invited a few times lately with some great people to get out for some hot walleye fishing but the timing has been bad with the project I have on the go for work right now. :huh: , but plan on changing that in the next few weeks after I am done these jobs..my main fishing has been at my trailer.

Archived