fishing gibson

tmate

today felt like the perfect day to get some fishing done so during my spare today at school me and my buddy took a trip out to lake gibson..didnt really land anything to big but both of us hooked into some pretty nice fish..his being what looked to be at least a 2pound bass when it jumped and mine was a prettyy good size pike..from what i saw it looked like it was pushing 5pounds but lost it when the water got shallow about 5 feet from shore. oh well i have spares everyday now and a rod in my locker so hopefully ill something nice to post soon

Where do you go to school? I take the 406 to Niagara College in Welland every day and I always notice a car or two pulled over at either Gibson, or the river closer to Welland (Welland River I guess?). Been thinking about checking them out. Anyone know if they're good spots? I've got a 3 hour spare Mondays with nothing to do!

well i go to school at Denis Morris...still highschool but if it was today that u drove by gibson around 1030-1130 chances are one of the cars were us lol..just go up the hill and start fishing the shore..you never know what u'll catch

Where do you go to school? I take the 406 to Niagara College in Welland every day and I always notice a car or two pulled over at either Gibson, or the river closer to Welland (Welland River I guess?). Been thinking about checking them out. Anyone know if they're good spots? I've got a 3 hour spare Mondays with nothing to do!

There are so many roadside spots on Gibson and the Welland R. that produce at various times. The old roadbed, the edges just under the main bridges. All will produce.

Archived