Hamilton Spot

fisherchick

Alright boys I have question about a fishing spot in Hamilton

So apparently there is a really good spot just off Upper James and Rymal...I guess its like a pond/sewer line that leads to lake Ontario and a bunch of huge pike and what not are there....my friend told me about it today and sai its a great spot...I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this spot if they can please give me info cause I have never heard of it...thanks so much!

Guest FishSlayer

If it is the spot that I am thinking about, it is just a pond that collects ground water and i believe it leads into Lake Ontario. My friend lives right beside it and says that he never fails to catch fish. He has caught bass pike and carp in there, and we play ice hockey on it in the winter. I know it too well, i have fallen through at least 2 times. Anyways I am not sure of the exact location but it is on the right hand side as you are driving down Rymal, away from ancaster. You take a street on the right just before upper james and into a neighborhood. You then take another right somewhere, and eventually you will see it. There is a bridge that you could probably park on. If you end up fishing it be sure to report I want to give it a try sometime.

Guest UglyFish

well i know of 1 or 2 ponds up that way... but never thought of tryin for fish in them. if u go, post a message or PM me and let me know exactly where u'll be, i'll come help ya search the waters!! its so close to home, i would have to try it out!!

Guest UglyFish

just lookin on google earth.... up in those neighborhoods... if i see it correctly, theres at least half a dozen decent sized ponds. i dunno if any of them hold anythin though. but there rite up off of rymal rd. between west 5th and garth st.

Guest Rockfish

I tried that drainage pond yrs ago and didn't have any luck. The water was quite murky when I was there being a run off spot. From what I remember, the pond isn't very big and don't think it would support huge Pike.

:Gonefishing:

thanks for all the help guys...I wanna get up there in the next month so I will definatly post something...my friend said he knows people that have cause like 10 pound pike...I don't know how much truth is to that but when he took a look he said there wwere tons of fish jumping for flies and what not and he sid they were huge...we wil see :Gonefishing:

I can remember seing that pond over 10 years ago.

My uncle built many of the houses in that neighbourhood.

I heard stories way back then.

Local kids were pulling in 4-5 lb pike. I saw a few in the 2-3lb range on a kids stringer.

Not sure how good it is anymore.

Ther is also another pond just up Rymalon what usede to be the old golf course.

It is now airport property.

It used to have some huge largemouth bass in there too.

You never know what small bodies of water may hold.

Don't feel embarassed, just pull out your rod and give it a go

If this is the pond I think it is, its right in the middle of a sub division about 5 minutes from me. I believe it is the head waters for 20Mile Creek and is spring fed ( also neighbourhood runoff). I would'nt get too crazy about getting there to fish it. It's not THAT big. :Gonefishing:

• 2 weeks later...

well I am gonna head out to that spot in a few weeks....one of my friends is gona come with me to show me exacty where it is...I will post noce I go go there and report on how it all went down

I think I know this spot as well,

It hold some fish.. but its like any small fishin location .. if yur the first to hit the spot in a couple weeks you'll nab a handful of bass n' a pike or 2.. but after that dead nothin cuz all the fish that were there have been caught or spooked.

So its good for a 45 min morning fish sometimes through the spring

If I was you Id head out and look for some feeder creeks that feed into the Grand river out hwy 6 a ways, You can usually walk from the mouths upstream and hit a few nice fish every 100 yards or so till your tired of walking...

I spend alot of time doing that, and you all know whats in those creeks right now dont ya?

Its a type of metal, and ends with head.

n' oh boy oh boy.. in no short supply.

Archived