Welland River Today

richardl33

I decided to go fishing from shore today around 5pm, I wanted to go to the aquaduct off main street but when I got there the roads were blocked, forgot it's the food festival on merritt island this weekend.

Decided to try at the boat launch and managed to get 4 bass the biggest about 1.5lbs and 2 rockbass.

Went home at 8 frozen, wasn't expecting to stay that long and didn't have a coat and my fingers where frozen, should have fixed the heater in my truck instead of going fishing, maybe i'll fix it tommorrow, probably not, wedding to go to.

For me fishing from shore in the river that was a pretty good day.

If anyone planned on fishing there this weekend you should look for another spot.

well ya got out there and had a good time anyways by the sounds of things, don't worry ya don't have to fix the heater in the truck yet...it's going up into the 20's again for a few days :blink: ..better to condition yourself for winter fishin that way...just need to bring lots of paper towels to clear the windshield :Gonefishing:

Never worry about frozen fingers again. Just ask Santa for lots of them pocket warmers in your stocking. I've still got some left from last Xmas. :Gonefishing:

As long as the river doesn't mud up too badly, the river should produce nicely now.

Archived