Shameful secret

Ola

Alright, I admit it...I have never caught a walleye, ever, and the shame is eating away at me. Especially since my son nabbed a couple recently that we were able to take home (his previous catches were in slot limits) and now I know how good they taste. I WANT A WALLEYE! So...

...how do I get a crack at them since I don't have a boat and I have had rotten luck at Caledonia and, especially Dunnville. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded so much if I had caught the bass we saw a guy pull out at Caledonia last month that I honestly thought was a steelhead at first it was SO BIG, (and I was a ways away so had to sneak a second look to clarify.) How much does a charter cost on Erie? Told you I was desperate.

P.S. Can we keep this shameful admission a secret just between you, me, and 26,317 lurkers?

Guest canadadude

Your secret is safe :Gonefishing: ....but if your interested in fall eyes Dunville is still good go!!! I would go talk to Steve aka down in Dunville I'm sure if you stop by his shop and pick his brainy abit he'll set you up good!!!

Guest canadadude
walleye are on fire Chinese guys getting limits. i personally got dring 2. heard story of people taking limits home and then coming back and taking more then there limits u no the usual rapeage of the river

Here we go again :Gonefishing::) ......the battle never ends :unsure:

Guest FishSlayer

I have seen a few guys get the odd Walleye off of the pier in Port Maitland. Also near the damn I have head of people getting them. I talked to a guy last year who launched above the damn and went up river and said that the walleye fishing was hot. That was in about september of last year if i remember correctly. I'm not to sure about this time of year, but I also do not have a boat and feel pretty limited as far as walleye fishing goes..

there is also a guy who run a local fish pond who likes to catch limits and live transportthem for the pond grrrrrrrrrrr

In that case call the MNR hotline. If he is privately stocking his pond from the river, he is obviously over his posession limit.

HEY. It was supposed to be a secret and now at least 7 other people know my secret. Sheesshhh, is nothing private on the world wide web?! I think I will pester .

, where is your store again? Are you across from the dam or something?

If y ou dont mind wading in the river out near caledonia, Check out Seneca Park ( hwy 54 between Caledonia and York )

walk straight out from the small creek mouth till its waste deep and just start driftin a minnow under a float or casting Jigs/twisty tails ( yellow or white is best )

n' you should have yourself some luck.

dont think ive ever gone there and not had at least 1 walleye come to visit.

"dont think ive ever gone there and not had at least 1 walleye come to visit."

Now you're just teasing me fcm420. Last time I went to Seneca Park I caught a skunk and last time at Caledonia, month or so ago, I came away with a couple small smallmouth and a pike (and some clown caught the afore-mentioned behemoth bass). My son caught the walleye-again-but it is sitting in my freezer. Until I get one of my own I refuse to let him enjoy his catch.

Archived