shrimp for perch?

Guest christopher

Guest christopher

Has anyone ever tried shrimp for perch?I the reason for asking is last sumer when fishing for cats we where using shrimp and small chuncks of liver and we where catching more big perch and smallies then cats.And I was wondering if the shrimp might work through the ice.

I think a small piece of shrimp would work just as a piece of salted minnow works for perch. Maybe you have got something there ! If I was a perch...... :D Put a piece on a coloured jig head & give it a try ! I know a guy that uses sausage for bait ....I know the seagulls were interested at least :Gonefishing:

Your right about looking into the gullet of perch Tommy , I cleaned up a few perch from Rennie Park that were about 9 inches and two of them had tiny gobies in their gut ! Is this good news or bad news ? Gobies eat zebra mussles which are toxic ? ...but I think these wee gobies are harmless. When I used to moose hunt,we would go out in the boat and catch lots of perch using the flesh from the first perch we got on a piece of bacon fat ! Guess there's no limit to what you might catch them on !

Archived