lower river

jwl

Headed out today with a few guys, we met up and loaded into 4 boats..11 guys in total today for a little steelie derby on the water today just for some fun and to get together with some good ole die hard trout anglers.

Was a tough day on the water..not many fish caught all around..lots of other boats around skunked for the day for the time we where out..between our gang 1 nice walleye,2 browns and 2 steelies boated that's it, and out of that..2 steelies and 1 of the browns came into my boat :lol: . You really had to be persitant and go on the hunt,. we lost a couple decent fish, had some nice hits, same kind of story all around.

All in all was still a pretty warm day to be out on the water this time of year, got together with some great guys for the day,and everyone on my boat landed a fish and had action so we must have been doing something right, cuz anyone who tells ya they caught 20 fish today is full of crap :rolleyes: there was just sporadic fish caught throughout the day between the many boats out there.

And best part of the day.......my rainbow winded up taking the $100 prize for the day :lol::Gonefishing:

And for the fellow NFNers who happened to join in that where out sharing in the day thanks for coming out, it helped make a tough fishing day a great adventure..if we do it again I won't have a Christmas party family doo to get to so we can hang out a bit longer or perhaps shake off the day with a cold one and some wings after

294333773.jpg

Way to go JW .....you deserve the win as you have put the time and effort in for sure ! That's a nice little Christmas bonus for the family to enjoy ! Did you guys fish both sides today or only in Canadian water ? I wonder if this mild spell and strong south winds will muck up the river more....we may get a lot of rain tomorrow ! Any pics coming Jack ?

We only fished our side, but one of the other boats in the group tried US side for a while..they only saw 2 fish boated the time they spent there.

That's the only pic I have from the day Bill, and yep there has been a couple of us putting our time in for sure...and hey familly shamamilly..I worked hard for that money today :Gonefishing: the fishing derby monies stay mine :rolleyes: ..and that would be 2 little derbies in a row I was in that I won now :lol:

Nice chunky bow Jack ! Did you know you are smoking a filter ? Must have been a long fight eh ? :rolleyes: So you could fish both sides for the derby .......I guess most or all have a US licence as well . It was a nice mild day to be out there.....I couldn't get out today , but had a good "reminiscing" day with a bunch of old GM ers & guys I used to hunt with at a friends house ......Boy....they look so "old" :Gonefishing:

Thanks for the pic Jack !

I managed another pic..she didn't want to pose for the camera too well...and you know girls about measuring thier waste-line :Gonefishing::rolleyes: , it was a pretty chunky fish for the size..also had a big gash in the side thatwas just healing up, I think it was snagged before...must have been doing ok, was still hungry enough to take my bait, and put up a decent scrap too

294343940.jpg

ya it was a good day getting together out there..don't sweat the skunk syndrome today...there was probably 20 other boats with the same trouble, when ya can fish in December almost January out in the boats and not even do your coat up all the way for the day..well that in itself is a good fishing day.. and shooting the breeze with some fellow hardcores any fish just tops it off.

My boat needs a run through the carwash or somehting..the muddy road and highway dirt has it as messed up as my car :Gonefishing:

Guest canadadude

Port D was skunkfest aswell :Gonefishing::rolleyes: ......I don't get it water looked sweet, yesturday was hot on the river and today noth'in much!! Can never figure these trouties trout :lol::o:P nice day to just be out though :lol:

Guest canadadude

Looks like you had the Hellfish on your side today :worthy::worthy: .......nothing wrong with that, ole Rory knows how to put a troutie in the box :) ......can't go wrong having that boy in the boat :):P:)

ya..a few of us have been learning the Hellfish on what hunting the steelies is all about, we are getting him hooked pretty good on it now :worthy::worthy: He is a great guy to spend a day in the boat with..he almost got me today, he pulled one off near the end of the day that was just 1/2 inch shy of mine

Guest canadadude
ya..a few of us have been learning the Hellfish on what hunting the steelies is all about, we are getting him hooked pretty good on it now :):worthy: He is a great guy to spend a day in the boat with..he almost got me today, he pulled one off near the end of the day that was just 1/2 inch shy of mine

He's a great dude to fish with :) .....I had the pleasure of drifting with the Hellfish this Nov :P ..........now he gots to many boat buds I don't see the dude no more!!!! I know he'll be around sometime :worthy: .....glad you guys had a good day :)

Nice catch JWL. It's great to hear a few guys getting together, throwing a few bucks in to make it interesting and having fun. These little together's are a good way to test your skills against each other and o yeah the $$$. Hope to see you on Jan 13 for some shore fishing in Port D

Thanks

:worthy: JAY :worthy:

Rob....Did your dad already put away your boat for the winter?????, just wondering because if not, you guys should come out in your boat for the day when I have mine out with a few guys...just follow where we go, and will share some pointers on presentation and stuff.

Or if you guys wanted...sometime if we can arrange it, we can go out in my boat no prob..but ya already know I need a tow for that,and ya need one guy to run the electric for the day...when we doit down there, it's all team-work fishin for the day, and ya need the right tackle for drifting...3 ways..streamers, roe..pencil or slinky sinkers, corkies,kwikfish.

If you guys are still willing to put your boat in for the day let me know, I will PM ya in the next couple days as a few people I know are trying to plan another mission like yesterday in the next while you guys could join in with the boat no prob, we can give ya some pointers, if not we can make it another time in my boat, but if doing another mission with a group like yesterday...my boat is already full :worthy:

You guys can learn alot and have a blast

As for the Port D derby thing fishing4me...that's just not my thing, I don't like fishing there from shore,maybe only been like 3-4 times in the last almost 10 years, when I go trout fishing from shore, I like the adventure of a hike and stuff, and not fishing with 20-30 people for the day....I may put my boat in there or tag along in someone else's for the day a couple times a year but that's about it for my extent of fishing in there.

Archived