More from da Port today.

Mike Pike

Took advantage of the mild temps and headed out to Port D this morning. Nice to see the water clarity finally has improved. Most of the current was on the east side and so were most of the fisherman. Although I saw the first fish of the morning caught in the slack water on the west side.

Lots of boaters out today too. At one time, I counted 6 boats drifitng the harbour.

gallery_177_61_42709.jpg

Nice to meet board members F,O,G and Mr Hoss this morning, as well as some of the Port regulars.

I enjoyed one of my best days out there going 3 for 3( 2 Bows and 1 Brown ). Also hooked into a beauty Brown that gave me quite a fight but was foul-hooked in the pectoral fin so I won't count it in today's total. Dohhh!

All my fish were hooked on Berkely power minnows. Here's one of the Bows.

gallery_177_61_4008.jpg

Also witnessed a Bow caught later in the morning on a spawn sac.

A quick thank you to my new Bulgarian friend from Toronto who helped net most of my fish this morning.

Cheers!

hey nice going on the fish...that's one of the nicer bows caught out of everyone today for sure, water is really good too, the wind could have chilled out a bit though later in the morning....I know at least 3 of the boats out there where NFN members.

some nice colours on youyr fish, thanks for sharing

Ya me too ! Knightfisher & myself got 2 little beauties within 20 min . The 2 of them might have weighed OVER a pound ! But nice to see the little ones are doing well & looking healthy . It looks like Durkin & his dad hit the jackpot again ......congrats guys and to the others who also had a good day out there !

Hey Mike Pike ....I hope you told them guys bass seasons over !!!! :Gonefishing:

Archived