Fee to hunt NPCA land

ninepointer

Last year the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Authority started a hunting permit system on their land. The permit was free, but we all expected that a fee would inevitably someday follow. What we did not expect was that last month, without notice, the NPCA board approved a $25 annual hunting permit fee that appears to be effective immediately. To the best of my knowledge, not even the NPCA staff saw this coming. Now they are calling up hunters who already applied for their permits and are informing them that they also have to send in $25. I applied for my 2008 permit over a month ago but I still haven't received it and here we are right in the middle of rabbit season :Gonefishing:!!!!!!!!

I don't mind paying a fee, but the way they are going about it lacks consideration.

They gotta come up with the money for that shiny new building at Balls Falls. $4.2 millions in glass, concrete and asphalt. Don't forget the chunk of forest they ripped out to accomodate this.

I joined the foundation last year out of appreciation for an enforcement they announced last year. With news like this I may not renew when it comes due.

I did just today see the new fee and at first was receptive. Now after ugli's comment I may not renew my permits either.

Hey NP I didn't see you at the elections last night. Was looking forward to meeting you. No changes. If you've got an extra firestick I'd love to go blast some wabbits with ya. What I need though is a list of outlets where they sell township licenses. Ried's Sports in Fort Erie. Niagara Falls :Gonefishing:

I agree the NPCA took a really unprofessional route with this and should step up and cancel it and return any funds collected until next year. If your D/L form didn't include the update then you should not be asked for the fee. Especially if you sent it in before the end of the year. This just goes to show how far from hunting the NPCA has positioned themselves. I fully expect to see a hunting ban within 10 years.

From what I've observed, they stopped duck hunting at Mud lake due to such factors as urban encroachment, etc.... There had been rumours to the same re Chippewa CA. As Niagara goes from rural to semi-rural, expect more and more hunting restrictions.

There are a number of people, in Lincoln, upset over the project at Ball's Falls.

I hope they do not further restrict Chippawa Creek. I can't see why they would do so. The south side of the road is a huge area with hardly any houses around. There is already a no-hunting buffer area around the closest house. It not like it gets a lot of hunting pressure. We hunt there fall and winter and most times the only footprints that we see are the ones that we left the week before.

Archived