Lower River Report

EJW88

Was at the river this morning fishing for rainbows and ended up with three. Fish came on streamers and UB eggs. The streamer I got them on was black on top and sliver on bottom. The UB eggs were hot pink. Guys on shore on Queenston weren't really doing much. There were a coupel boats out of Queenston. Don't know how any of them did. The ice is fine infront of Queenston. When get close to the mouth the ice starts to get heavy. The bar was pretty full of ice. Although a couple of brave people were fishing out there. Water clarity is amazing. It's really clear. Good luck to anyone heading out.

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson
  When get close to the mouth the ice starts to get heavy. The bar was pretty full of ice. Although a couple of brave people were fishing out there. Water clarity is amazing. It's really clear. Good luck to anyone heading out.

8350[/snapback]

Thanks for the Bar report,I kind of figured that,and the wind direction doesn't get any better this week!

Was it worse then this

Feb5thNiagara_Bar_Bouy.jpg

Guest Eyelike2fish

Thanks for the info on the UB Eggs. They kind of look like the "new" power bait cluster imitations. I heard the new power bait clusters work pretty good but I have never tried them.

Thanks for the Bar report,I kind of figured that,and the wind direction doesn't get any better this week!

Was it worse then this

Feb5thNiagara_Bar_Bouy.jpg

8388[/snapback]

Hey Brian

I was there on Saturday Navigated thru all the Ice to get to the Bar. There wasn't a chance of getting to that green Buoy. The 15 ft bar was froze with snow on it and all the Ice drifing down the river was piling up on it. Winds are ultimate this week I'm thinkin of trying again on Wed.

If you go out sooner let me know how it is

Thanks

Yeah i was one of those guys on shore at queenston and as you observed there was nothing happening at all. I only saw one fish on and the guy lost it. It hit on a pink streamer and that was the only action down there for most of the arly afternoon.

tightlines

salmonman

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Anyone down at Queenston this afternoon,looking for ice conditions. I'm thinking with this warm weather theres not many bergs ??

Archived