Rec in the morning

RJR

HI Rick ....long time no see...... We fished Rameys 2 days ago & the canal no looka so good there :Gonefishing: Lots of muddy water going under the Main St.bridge & clouding up the Ramey water . Is the ice ok at the Dain bridge Rick ? I would like to fish the Ontario St. bridge soon IF it's safe there also .

Fished in Dain City this morning with my son and not even a single bite, we moved over to townline rd. and within one hour I caught a 30" pike, but no perch, well maybe next week will be better if the ice holds up with this warm spell coming through.

Had a good day on the rec to day. Kept 33 perch . Ice is really getting soft and full of air bubbles. If it rains to night and warms up that could be it unless there is a cold snap. Will have to do a lot of soul searching if I plan to go out to morrow.

I met up with Gil about 9 am . He had something good on the line which snapped just a few feet from the hole which looked like a nice bass . Well , we fished , fished & fished , & came up with about 20 dinks , one over 8" . We tried a few spots known to produce some nice perch but the dinks have taken over the roost.I'll have to spy on the captain to see where the bigger ones are hiding ! :lol:

When I left the house this am I spotted this big fat hawk sitting in the back yard maple tree waiting for the little birdies to dine at my feeder..........the breast was a brownish orange .....think it was a mature male Coopers hawk .

big%20hawk.jpg

Say goodbye ice ...been good to know ya.......up to 30 mm of rain (over 1" ) is expected tonight into tomorrow ,,,,,but then dropping off to -13 the next night .......some hope there..... :)

The ice was soft by day's end , the top 1" is slush & the remaining 4" is clear but soft .Here's a 6" augered hole , as you can see , we need some good cold nights to tighten it up so that we can get another few weeks out there on the ice ...........

ice.jpg

Archived